No announcement yet.

Pop Up Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so I haven't seen it covered, so I'll ask. What about water intrusion from around the side edges? How are you guys dealing with that issue? I have thought about elevating a pop up, especially when it got almost 12" deep inside one of my popups a couple of years ago, but just haven't done it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
      Okay, so I haven't seen it covered, so I'll ask. What about water intrusion from around the side edges? How are you guys dealing with that issue? I have thought about elevating a pop up, especially when it got almost 12" deep inside one of my popups a couple of years ago, but just haven't done it.
      I just installed my Double Bull last weekend. I am going to use 1"x2" pieces (screwed into top if platform) to keep the outer flaps down against the platform. That should keep most moisture out from the inside of the blind.

I used old carpet for the floor, so if a little water gets in, it's not the end of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
        I am going to do something similar in the next couple of months except mine will be metal. Looks good.

PS we need another GTG in Brady!! That BBQ was greatness!
        What BBQ joint do yal speak of? Macs is the one one we have been too

Just realized this was almost 10 years old...SMH
        Last edited by DK1555; 08-26-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Ironically enough, my wife just asked, "Clay, what's all that wood in the backyard for?" I told her I was planning on building stands for my popup blinds. She didn't quite understand, so I google "Popup blind stands." A few pics later I click the link and it takes me to where a guy in NRH about 5 miles away did this 10 years ago and the page is still relevant. Love it. Inspired and will be building two of these in the next few days.

I'm hoping to make them somewhat portable...atleast able to take them apart andput it back together.

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
            Just get 4 each 1 X 4's 4' long & screw them down on top of the flap. I put carpet inside my blind & it still might get wet. But if you put some paint on the plywood it will be fine. I always leave my windows open & just leave the mesh up. So that's the main reason my carpet gets wet. I don't like making noise opening the windows when I get there to hunt.

Comment

i use black 4mil sheeting over the top of my platforms and then go over the top of that with carpet. My platforms have been holding up very well and i don't have to worry about painting.

Comment

Good work, looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

What are the dimensions of your floor entry hatch ?

Comment

My son wanted to elevate his pop-up so we headed up this morning and he got it done. Turned out way better than I thought, feels higher then it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jbarr, that looks really nice. He will love that stand!! Speaking from experience, make a rail with 2x4s at the top of the steps for him to grab ahold of to help get in the door. Speaking from experience. Good luck to him this year! Hope he gets a big one!

Comment

Got'er all set up this weekend. I'll really enjoy sitting here.

Comment

Blind up. 1 of 2.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

Made my stand out of an old steel industrial rack. Installed plywood on the top, covered with carpet.

Comment

next project

Comment

This cost $160 minus the screws and braces (still need to get better bracing for this)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X