Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing on our property...........what a nightmare!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
    You guys that are getting the "we need more documents 3 days before closing" thing......it's more likely that they're just now taking a serious look at it than that they have just now decided what they need. The initial loan processor works on the file from the beginning, then the decision makers are coming in at closing time. That's why you feel you're getting the last-minute runaround. Unfortunately, happens all the time with banks, big and small.

Your best bet is to get with a great loan officer, no matter where they work. There are some really really good ones out there, and some really really bad ones.
    That’s what I liked about people’s state bank in rocksprings. I only talked to the president and him only from start to finish. Easy and fast.

Comment

we had similar problems when buying our current home and 20 acres. One bank officer turned us down because she "didn't see any need for anyone to own 20 acres of land". I kid you not. After the second time they made my wife cry I went to the bank and told the CEO if they made my wife cry AGAIN I was going to come down and open a can of whoopazz on him. The loan went thru within a few days.

Comment

Shoot Codie a message on here and he will get you squared away. Easiest to deal with when purchasing land and had the best rate as well. My wife and I purchased land about a year ago and Codie made the process super easy!

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          I feel for you. Its unreal what banks want for documention these days. I dont know when it changed, but hasnt always been like this.
          It's almost like there was a banking crisis some years back where people who had no business buying property were buying property . . . .

Comment

I walked into my credit union and financed raw land with very little paper work literally within minutes. Had to wait just for the set closing date but it didn’t take very long. They didn’t even pull my credit because we had bought a truck recently with them. Been with the credit union for 20+yrs so I’m sure that helps that they know you already. Sorry you’re having so many issues and I’ve never heard of having to do so many things on documents like that.

Comment

There are several steps to RE even though I don't do them anymore due to all the regulation. Most likely you got a fairly generic approval the first round based off stated information. Once signed a contract, appraisal, and survey gets in and the deal turns into verification of all the "stated" info. The bank or credit union better have that information in the file when it is audited by the federal examiners. Examiners will not except a printout that is not a monthly statement on letterhead unless it is stamped and signed. It can be very frustrating but hang in there. NO doubt there are good loan officers and not so good. Something those "not so good" has just had the backside chewed off during an exam.

Comment

I'm a banker. There are banks that are easy to do business with and there are banks that are not. If you run across a difficult one, which is sounds like you have, cut loose and head to another. Every bank lends green money so might as well get it from the ones who make the process as painless as possible.

Comment

WTH is right. There's other banks that will want your business. They should have told you the first week that you needed a new survey because they take a while to get done.

Comment

I'm having my primary bank(Chase) talk to the loan officer of the CU directly concerning the documents needed. Hopefully this will resolve the issue(s) cuz I'm officially out of patiences....

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
                      I'm having my primary bank(Chase) talk to the loan officer of the CU directly concerning the documents needed. Hopefully this will resolve the issue(s) cuz I'm officially out of patiences....

When is your closing tentatively scheduled now?

Comment

when I went to get my loan for our house we were building I went through the same thing. My credit score is in the 830 range. Make good income so I thought this should be easy.

Here is the funniest (or worse) part. They wanted all my bank accounts so I sent them all. I am in charge our our deer lease so I have a Deer lease account. They came back and wanted to see my lease agreement with the ranch owners!

One of the things that scares them the most is money laundering - that is why the verify every transaction with your bank -

I finally got it done but it was also a nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                          When is your closing tentatively scheduled now?
                          March 26th

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                            It's almost like there was a banking crisis some years back where people who had no business buying property were buying property . . . .
                            Being more careful about who you lend to doesnt explain this ridiculousness.

Comment

You and thousands of other buyers across the nation. It really isn’t as hard as most of them make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                                You and thousands of other buyers across the nation. It really isn’t as hard as most of them make it.
                                Do yourself a favor and pm this man ASAP, best thing I have done when it comes to finances.

Comment

Working...
                                X