Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Any arborists on Tbh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If'n it was my tree it would be $100 a board foot plus removal and replacement.
    Somebody gonna pay me big time.

Comment

I am hesitant to post this since it may well cost you a friend, but here goes

that tree probably has a value MUCH higher than you are thinking

many moons ago the Ladybird Wildflower Center south of Austin had signs on some of their trees especially near the parking lot giving the value of them.....they were much higher than one would imagine especially for nice quality oaks such as yours

in your case that tree will live, but it is ugly and that much damage may well take years off the life especially as it gets older and gains even more value (if properly placed and not bumping into the house or causing other issues)

that contractor is an idiot and probably needs to pay up and will probably feel a lot of pain when he does if he gives you full value for that damage

the one thing I will say is in the "tree unit cost" in the above calculator it defaults to 82, but I am personally exactly sure how that will be calculated I believe it is the cost of a replacement value tree there is info on the WWW, but it does not really give a good guide possibly calling the people that give that calculator could answer that

either way you are probably looking at a 12" to 14" diameter tree at "breast height" and that gets the value up pretty high then you need to figure the "value" of that damage
      Last edited by Smeone; 07-04-2020, 02:02 PM.

Comment

They skinned that one up pretty good. I would talk to your neighbor and have him/pool contractor hire an arborist to evaluate the tree.

Comment

Hope he doesn't have any problem sharing the pool.

Comment

$100.00 per inch. Looks like about a $15,000 tree to me.

Comment

I think the tree will heal up and be alright, very low chance of oak wilt this time of year but I would still go ahead and have the neighbor pay for an arborist to see it and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                Hope he doesn't have any problem sharing the pool.

I have my own pool

Comment

I have seen a lot worse damage to live oaks, that never had any problems as a result of the damage.

Comment

Working...
                  X