Pop-up set up question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop-up set up question

I set my pop up out for the days when I can take my son out with me. It turns out he will be going out with me on opening day. My question is do you leave the front flap open to get the deer used to the black hole, or does that invite pests in? I'm worried that the deer will see the open flap and notice the difference. Your thoughts?

I keep mine up and spray the inside with insect spray. As long as the deer dont see movement in the blind you will be fine.

Comment

I always leave mine up and haven't had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by hwhit View Post
        I always leave mine up and haven't had a problem.
        same for me

Comment

I leave my windows open. Just a personal preference I guess. I usually don't have anything except for some moths in there when I return.

Comment

I covered the window flaps with black cloth so the deer see "black holes" whether they are open or closed. Some folks just spray paint them black

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
              I leave my windows open. Just a personal preference I guess. I usually don't have anything except for some moths in there when I return.
              Same here and mine gets left out for long stretches.

Comment

I leave mine open. Spray for spiders (black widows) every 10 days.

Comment

I spray painted my windows black. That way they look the same open or closed.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I covered the window flaps with black cloth so the deer see "black holes" whether they are open or closed. Some folks just spray paint them black
                    The black cloth is a great idea. No stinky paint smell.

Comment

They sale black tightweave burlap at Hancock Fabric.

Comment

Working...
                      X