Deer Blind Set - Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Blind Set - Up

Got all supplies for a good 4 x 6 Box Blind for Gun Season. Running into logistics set-up issues .. Can't get help and it's too much for the Soon & Wife.

Big question .. How long should it be up before season so the animals don't freak-out.

Might have to go to a Brush Blind or Pop-Up ..

I've seen deer come to the feeder while we are setting up a rifle blind. Depends on the area and the pressure on your deer. A bow blind 20 yards away is a different story imo.

Comment

I finished building an 5x8 rifle blind (installing roof and trim) around 6pm a few weekends ago. I was using the drill and circular saw most of the afternoon. I had deer at the feeder 90 yards away at 7pm

Comment

I have 30 acre piece of land @ Rocksprings with similar pieces around .. So the Deer are pressured and lots of Hogs are Nocturnal.. last year I had a pop-up but not well hidden ... Little if any activity after set-up.. Course mountain Lion in the area & coyotes didn't help..
        Last edited by Patriot-2000; 08-28-2018, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Well my choice got decided for me as my HELP decided to back-out. I won't let my son & wife help (Although they would have helped) carry a 1.5" square metal tube deer blind frame @ 200 yards from the nearest place a vehicle can get . Looks like I'll set-up a good "Brush Blind" for that spot this weekend and try ti kill some pigs ..

Got everything else at the property but will wait untilafter the Gun Season to set-up my "Condo" Box Blind ..

Comment

I'm setting up my new rifle blind this weekend

Comment

Got a Basic/Small Ameristep from Academy and did some more clearing .. The Wife & Son helped a LOT ... Yes .. I Know I'm Lucky.

Can't even see it from the feeder after brushing it in ... all ready !

Comment

I built a bow stand last year and put it out a month before season opened. I set it up about 30 yards from the feeder. I had a cellular game camera that was showing regular activity within 5 days.

You should have plenty of time to build your new stand and get it put up.

Comment

Working...
                X