Burnt bacon ends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt bacon ends!

Visited Heim BBQ after church today. Had brisket and jap/cheese sausage and of course a side of burnt bacon ends. Oh soooo good. As you can tell my oldest was excited. Heim never disappoints and was worth the wait. Just thought I’d share.
    Attached Files

Those things are meat candy!

Comment

Those are the only decent item I have had there in the 2 times I’ve gone. I my opionion Heim is the most overrated bbq in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
        Those are the only decent item I have had there in the 2 times I’ve gone. I my opionion Heim is the most overrated bbq in Texas.
        Where do you recommend in the Fort Worth area?

Comment

Originally posted by buckshot179 View Post
          Where do you recommend in the Fort Worth area?
          Still searching, lol. Maybe I just had bad experiences or too high of expectations but I was spoiled to Evie Maes. I’ve heard panther City bbq is good just haven’t tried it yet. Bbq on the Brazos is pretty good from my experience. I also just tried woody creek and for never hearing of it before I thought it was good.
          Last edited by jkk831; 07-29-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Probably too far to go from Ft. Worth, but the Pecan Lodge in Dallas is the best BBQ I've ever had.

Comment

You guys should try out my cousins spot - Zavala’s BBQ. They are only open on Saturday morning at 11 until it’s gone. They are in downtown Grand Prairie. I’m biased but I have eaten at them all (except Evie Mae’s) and Zavala’s is in the same neighborhood. You can preorder and pick it up about 10:45 and skip the line.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9418.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	24547295

Beef cheek

Name:	IMG_9420.jpg
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	24547296

Name:	IMG_9419.jpg
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	24547297

Name:	IMG_9422.jpg
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	24547298

Name:	IMG_9421.jpg
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	24547299

Comment

Originally posted by jkk831 View Post
                Curious to know what you ate the times you were there? I've had brisket and consider it to be the best i've ever had. The sausage and pork leave plenty to be desired. But brisket, fries, and mac and cheese are my go to.

Those burnt bacon ends are another level of greatness altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  You guys should try out my cousins spot - Zavala’s BBQ. They are only open on Saturday morning at 11 until it’s gone. They are in downtown Grand Prairie. I’m biased but I have eaten at them all (except Evie Mae’s) and Zavala’s is in the same neighborhood. You can preorder and pick it up about 10:45 and skip the line.

[ATTACH]917586[/ATTACH]

Beef cheek

[ATTACH]917587[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917589[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917590[/ATTACH]
                  Dang son, that’s making me hungry!

Comment

[ATTACH]917586[/ATTACH]

Beef cheek

[ATTACH]917587[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917589[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917590[/ATTACH]
                    You had me at beef cheek! I will definitely be trying this out. What time do you have to get in line?
                    Last edited by jkk831; 07-29-2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      Curious to know what you ate the times you were there? I've had brisket and consider it to be the best i've ever had. The sausage and pork leave plenty to be desired. But brisket, fries, and mac and cheese are my go to.

Those burnt bacon ends are another level of greatness altogether.
                      Ive had all but the sausage. The first time I went the brisket was ok but not the second time. Last time I had the bacon burnt ends they were so over cooked you couldn’t hardly bite in to them and the Mac and cheese was very dry. I really wanted to like it but it was bad enough I threw most of it away.

Comment

Hmm. Oh well.

Comment

Bbq

[ATTACH]917586[/ATTACH]

Beef cheek

[ATTACH]917587[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917589[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]917590[/ATTACH]
                          That is some good looking stuff. I'll give it a try for sure.

Comment

Working...
                          X