Motorcycle guys question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle guys question.

Getting a bike soon, curious as to what you guys wear in the summer 100 degree plus heat to stay protected and not have a heat stroke. I have nice leather for when its cooler but this heat is tough. Was looking into the flannels with kevlar in them. Open to answers, appreciated.

I'm in the valley and wear mostly jeans, a long sleeve shirt, good leather boots and sometimes a vest. No helmet. If I lived in a bigger city I'd wear a breathable armor jacket with helmet.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
      I'm in the valley and wear mostly jeans, a long sleeve shirt, good leather boots and sometimes a vest. No helmet. If I lived in a bigger city I'd wear a breathable armor jacket with helmet.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
      Yea im in the north DFW area, wanting something a little tougher then a long sleeve shirt, just in the case something does go wrong "knock on wood" Id like to reduce the road rash as much as possible lol

Comment

I wore an armored high viz jacket with a removeable liner & a helmet.

Comment

Go to a big shop. They will have all kinds of warm weather protective gear.

Comment

The style of jacket you want is “mesh” or “textile”.. they make some that are mostly mesh with armor in specific places (chest/back/elbows) but they are very breathable and are the lightest jacket you can get. The textile ones have slightly more protection, heavier padding, and vents for breathability but aren’t as light as mesh. Think mesh for 90 degree weather, textile for 65 degree weather.

Dainese and Joe Rocket make great mesh options. Tourmaster, HD, Alpinestars make good textile options.

Comment

I rode more than I drove in my 20s in west Texas and the metromess. I usually wore a mesh jacket with some armor built in and jeans (which isn't best obviously). I always wore gloves and boots as well. Full face helmet too just something with good ventilation. I'm hot natured as can be but it was generally fine unless I was stuck in serious stop and go traffic.

Comment

Jeans and Leather vest with sleeveless shirt. No helmet.
                Not the sharpest crayon in the box. Been lucky so far.

Comment

Jeans boots and leather vest with a T-shirt under it. It's really only bad when you have to stop at a light or something.

Comment

When it's cooler I have a nice leather riding jacket that I wear but right now it's just jeans, tshirt, leather boots and half helmet for me. It's way too freakin' hot for anything else for me. I rode to work today wearing jeans and a Magellan shirt. I ride 90 miles round trip to work so I'm not into having a heatstroke

Comment

Sleeveless shirt (show off your tats and get tanned,) jeans and GOOD Boots! Never wore a helmet unless I was in a state that you had to.

Rode over 25 years and just remember...."It's not IF you go down, but WHEN you go down." IMO of course....only "accident" I ever had was a punk on a crotch rocket who decided to cut in front of me to show off? I was going around 30 mph on my way to a now defunct Bike bar in Lubbock...Scooters. It was either hit him broadside with my Road King or lock it down and do the skid. Since I raised 3 boys who had their share of STUPID show off things...I locked it down and slid. Strawberried up on my right side, found out later I had a hairline fracture on my right hip...but otherwise did ok.

I know, perhaps stupid for no helmet, but that was me and my guardian angels protected me for many years. If this is your first bike, just learn and be comfortable with your ride. Gives defensive driving a WHOLE new meaning on 2 wheels.

Good luck and enjoy....OH, full leathers in cold weather.....

"I never knew how beautiful the sky was until I was on my HD the first time!"

Comment

I wear jeans, tshirt (sometimes my leather vest), good boots and my half or 3/4 helmet

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Jeans boots and leather vest with a T-shirt under it. It's really only bad when you have to stop at a light or something.
                          Yep, same, same.

Comment

I wouldn't ride w/o a brain bucket - got penned under a car and my bucket bounced off the car - got a bad burn on my leg from the drag pipe through my jeans. But I did have boots on so that worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                              Jeans and Leather vest with sleeveless shirt. No helmet.
                              Not the sharpest crayon in the box. Been lucky so far.
                              I rode for about 10 years, always wore shorts and flip flops with no helmet...wasnt real smart.

Comment

Working...
                              X