In the market for a new bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the market for a new bow

Yesterday I went to Cinnamon Creek and shot the Mathews Triax and the Halon, I also shot the Elite Ritual. All three bows were nice and around the same price. The Triax was smooth and fast and the Ritual was the same. Now it’s time to make a decision.

Good luck

Comment

At least you only started the decision process at 3 bows. I am in the research phase now and Keep adding bows.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
        At least you only started the decision process at 3 bows. I am in the research phase now and Keep adding bows.

I’m not sure what I want I’m still doing research also

Comment

Just sold my trusty z7 and z7 extreme. Got a Halon 32,6. Gonna give it a whirl.
          GLW search.

Comment

I left Mathews after many years for elite. I hit 50 and the back wall drop off is just what the doctor ordered. I haven’t shot the new Mathews but I hear great things from people in the field. Don’t think you will go wrong with any of them. Shoot in all different positions and hold for 90s then shoot some more.

BTW, I’m getting my old Oneida Eagle that I saved all summer for back in the late 80’s set up for open site. It’s a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Omsdoc View Post
              I left Mathews after many years for elite. I hit 50 and the back wall drop off is just what the doctor ordered. I haven’t shot the new Mathews but I hear great things from people in the field. Don’t think you will go wrong with any of them. Shoot in all different positions and hold for 90s then shoot some more.

BTW, I’m getting my old Oneida Eagle that I saved all summer for back in the late 80’s set up for open site. It’s a beast.

I’m fixing to be 55 in a couple weeks. I ask the young man when he handed me the Mathews bow what’s the the bow set at he said 70 lbs. I thought I was going to struggle with it being set at 70 lbs. I shot a few arrows and my shoulder didn’t bother me.

Comment

Sounds like a winner. Maybe that made ur decision. I do some spot and stalk and like a short axle to axle. Don’t forget to check weight and actual hunting setup feel.

Comment

triax is an excellent choice but i wouldnt buy from cinnamon creek from past experience.I would go to Gateway archery on north beach street in fort worth. Mr. Jim is an awesome guy to deal with with years of experience and you wont find better service anywhere

Comment

Just bought daughter a new bow from Jim at gateway. Great guy used him for years!!

Comment

Originally posted by txcwby75 View Post
                      triax is an excellent choice but i wouldnt buy from cinnamon creek from past experience.I would go to Gateway archery on north beach street in fort worth. Mr. Jim is an awesome guy to deal with with years of experience and you wont find better service anywhere

I went buy there yesterday but they were busy.

Comment

Originally posted by txarrows View Post
                        I’m fixing to be 55 in a couple weeks. I ask the young man when he handed me the Mathews bow what’s the the bow set at he said 70 lbs. I thought I was going to struggle with it being set at 70 lbs. I shot a few arrows and my shoulder didn’t bother me.
                        I am 58 and my new bow is a 50-60 pounder. I 've been shooting a 60-70 set at 62 for years. I guess it won't be that big of a change. It's a far cry from my first bow ever. It was a Mathews Safari set at 90 pounds with not much let off 30 years ago. I got it for a steal because I was the only one that looked at it and could shoot it more than 10-15 Times . Heck gettin old

Comment

Ordered a Triax last month from Outdoor Pro Shop in Garland. Would have went to Cinnamon Creek but they were closer... I'm a lefty so they had to order mine, should be in at the end on this month. Smoothest bow I've ever shot and I was shooting a RH model.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                            Ordered a Triax last month from Outdoor Pro Shop in Garland. Would have went to Cinnamon Creek but they were closer... I'm a lefty so they had to order mine, should be in at the end on this month. Smoothest bow I've ever shot and I was shooting a RH model.

The Triax is a very nice bow

Comment

Originally posted by txarrows View Post
                              Yesterday I went to Cinnamon Creek and shot the Mathews Triax and the Halon, I also shot the Elite Ritual. All three bows were nice and around the same price. The Triax was smooth and fast and the Ritual was the same. Now it’s time to make a decision.
                              2 Matthews and 1 elite. That's all CCR carries?

I'd go with Matthews...best bow ever....every year.

Comment

Working...
                              X