Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Waiting is over, it is time!!!!

First, it is my HONOR to start this thread!

Deer season is just around the corner. It is long, yet it is too short. It comes and goes in a blink of eye, not to mention the dove, teal, duck and turkey seasons. But as Texas Grown says, " Fish is biting and pigs are to be killed." We have a year long of fun and excitement waiting for us to enjoy.

Having hunting public land for 10 years, here is some thought:

1) Hunting public land is a Privilege
    Love, protect, and preserve the privilege . If you don't, it may be taken away.

2) Work Hard, Play Hard
    Hunting public land is not easy. It requires a lot of time and effort.
    Put in your time, result will come.

3) Without Grace, No Peace
    Hunters are very competitive and protective. Nobody wants his/her hunting area got disturbed. So be alert other hunter's set up, avoid or leave it alone.

4) "Good Luck" vs "God Bless"
    Every harvest or catch is a gift from above. So be thankful!

Then,
    "Practice, Practice, and Practice!"
    "Practice Makes Perfect!"
    "Aim Small, Miss Small!"

Finally,
    May God bless us all to have a safe and fruitful season!

Sincerely,

Sam

That is a grand opening to the new thread Sam! Well put. And well done~!

The best to everyone out there. May your freezer and memories be blessed with being full this season. Thoughtfulness goes a long way in all that you do for others, and your selves.

Comment

Good opening. And was nice meeting you today chino. Hope everyone has a fruitful season.

Comment

Now that's the way to start things off. It was great meeting you yesterday chino.

Comment

Nice opening Mr, or Ms Chino.

Comment

Getting old☹️
            Mind, eyes and fingers were not coordinating the way it should be.

No excuse!!!

Appreciated

Comment

Getting old sounds like good excuse to me. Or, that's the one I use anyway.

Comment

OK. Day #2 of the new thread, and this is only post #8?

Anybody been out scouting yet?

Comment

Planning on hunting there for my first time.

Any tips on areas to scout at?

Comment

DH, They all have game. I would not say one is any better than the other. Key is knowing the area/unit, and how the deer act/react, and what other hunters are doing.

Comment

Chino like the opening especially #1 of your points. Storm, I just looked ahead and I will be off on opening weekend so I may swing up there and visit with y'all. Sorry I missed the gtg the other day I've been busy lately and only check back in here occasionally. I'm as excited about this season as I have ever been, planned on going and scouting today while it was cool but we have a lot going on today so maybe tomorrow. I really wanted to sell my John boat and buy a kayak this year but doesn't look like happening. Here's to everyone's season hope you all find that booner you're looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
                        Planning on hunting there for my first time.

Any tips on areas to scout at?

The woods are a pretty good place [emoji3].

If you're willing to get away from most other hunters, you'll have better luck. Just remember everything that you scout on a map looks good to every other hunter that is able to use google earth. Nothing beats boots on the ground!

Comment

Great opening to the 2017-2018 season Chino! This will be my second season bow hunting public land and I'm extremely excited. I've been scouting now for 3 weeks and things are looking positive! It has been CRAZY HOT out there, so take plenty of water with you, for those putting in the hard work pre-season.

Storm, thank you again for your help last season. If you need assistance this season please know, I will return the favor. I've been scouting the same location from last year and it's looking good, so that is where I'll be this coming season.

Good Luck to everyone this coming season, be safe & God Bless!

Comment

I haven't been out there for a while. I know grass is tall, mosquitos are plenty.
                            Bug spray and snake boots are your friend, and a lot of water .

Comment

The grass is REAL tall, I hardly recognized the areas I've hunted before, had to keep looking at the GPS to ensure I was in the right spot. Seems that most of the new growth than made it tough was the honeylocust, thorny suckers.

Comment

Working...
                              X