LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBJ Grassland 2017

Only 4 more months until bow season! Who's excited?

I work the entire month of October, but I'll be out there with my muzzleloader in November. This will be the first bow season I've missed in a long time.

Comment

Havent been out in a while and ready to get back out there.pretty excited about the upcoming season. Found a spot last year that looked really promising. Only got to sit 2 times last year. And promised myself that i would sit more this year

Comment

Might try to head up tomorrow for a look around, may be the last semi-cool day for a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Might try to head up tomorrow for a look around, may be the last semi-cool day for a couple of months.

Did you make it out today? Me and a buddy went out and scouted out a unit. Saw 3 does and 2 fawns. And tons of tracks.

Comment

Yes, about 7-10am. Saw 1 doe and a surprising number of tracks considering less than 24 hours since the rain. I'll post up some pics this evening.

Comment

Can't wait!

Comment

Pics.

Someone setup a stand for me in one of the areas I was looking at 2016 for a N Wind, how nice of them.
                Attached Files

Comment

I just built a new set of strings for my bow, and started shooting yesterday in preparation! cant wait. our season begins sept. 16th

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    Pics.

Someone setup a stand for me in one of the areas I was looking at 2016 for a N Wind, how nice of them.
                    I saw that stand about 6 weeks ago while scouting. Really surprised they laeve it year round. Especially considering its not far from the gate at all.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Always nice to have somwone else set up a stand for you haha.

Comment

Someone should clip a laminated note to it's seat. And see how long it stays attached.

Or spray paint the bottom section Flow Orange so no one shoots that direction.

Comment

I've been hitting google earth pretty hard, looking for a few new spots. I probably won't get boots on the ground until August/September. I'm still waiting on the Grapevine draw to see if I'll be spending most of my time there or at LBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Someone should clip a laminated note to it's seat. And see how long it stays attached.

Or spray paint the bottom section Flow Orange so no one shoots that direction.
                            Like the Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer. I know Charles would be proud to give the owner an award.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                              Like the Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer. I know Charles would be proud to give the owner an award.
                              Heck yah! They'd prob get a special one for it not being discovered sooner if it's that close to the gate. From the pics, I would bet he knows right about where it is too.

Comment

Working...
                              X