Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Timed Protein Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timed Protein Feeders

What does the GS recommend? i'm in need of a timed protein feeder. What do y'all use and what do you and don't you like about it?

Krivoman.
    He's a site sponsor.

Comment

We use Lamco timed protein units. Have 4 units and buying 2 more next month

1) Gives you control of feed / day
      2) Trough low enough for fawn access
      3) Long lasting galvanized materials
      4) Comes with The Timer for control

The one downfall is wish they would make a larger unit, although the 1500# lasts us a month at our settings

Comment

Lamco! I've got a 1500lb and it has been flawless. Also has a rain sensor that helps a lot! You've got to check on them from time to time to know how much feed needs to be dispensed. I keep my cell cam on it so I keep tabs on how much the deer are eating and adjust accordingly.

Comment

LAMCO or Krivoman

No other brand

Comment

How heavy are the lamco's? Can one person move it around easily? Does the trough get in the way of backing a truck next to it?

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
              How heavy are the lamco's? Can one person move it around easily? Does the trough get in the way of backing a truck next to it?
              No one person cannot move any of them

Comment

I have one and I weigh in at a slim 325 and i can stand on the trays and fill the feeder. Its a son of a gun to move around but you can.

Comment

My guess The 1500 weighed around 250# .The 1500# models we have can be moved easily if you have a.small trailer to push it over into. But its so much easier with tractor and forks with pipe extentions. You can back a truck right up to it with tailgate down to load no problem

Comment

I moved three of them by myself a couple of weeks ago. The top part comes off the trough. It's just four bolts. I moved a 500,800, and a 1500.

Comment

Does anyone know a ballpark price on the Lamco 1500 timed feeder?

Comment

Probably around 1,400

Comment

Originally posted by BrianG View Post
                          Probably around 1,400
                          thanks

Comment

I just purchased the 600lb timed protein feeder by All Season Feeder. Regarding feed time, how long and how often do you have the timer run on the feeder?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                              Krivoman.
                              He's a site sponsor.
                              I bought one last year and it is a great feeder.

Comment

Working...
                              X