New Remington 700 Bent Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Remington 700 Bent Barrel

My son just bought a new Remington 700 AACSD from Impact Guns. He had to get it shipped to an FFL. Got it today and when he got home noticed the barrel is bent. He called Remington only to find out that it's gonna take 4-5 weeks to get it fixed. They said there's no special treatment for new firearms it's first come first served no matter how old it is ! This just doesn't seem right to me at all.

thats a heavy barrel correct? How the heck that get bent.

Comment

Yeah that thing has a massive barrel... thats impressive it got bent...

Comment

Save it for shooting around corners. Was it bent in shipping? Can't imagine it being bent from the factory.

Comment

Bent or the receiver threaded crooked, either way I would demand a new gun and not repairs. Too much stress on the receiver.

Comment

I would be filing on shipping carriers insurance unless box was not damaged.

Comment

Try contacting impact guns. I'd be wanting a brand new one

Comment

It had to be manufactured bent or bent somehow before assembly. There's no evidence of damage to anything. I'll get him to post some pics.

Comment

This is f***ing ridiculous. Remington didn't seem to care at all that it's a brand new gun. Pics of the barrel are below it is hard to tell in pics but it is obviously bent on an arc to the right.😡
                  Attached Files

Comment

Impact says they can't do anything. I understand that, but Remington not seeing that a brand new gun is more important to get fixed right away than grandpa's old gun doesn't make sense.

Comment

Pic
                      Attached Files

Comment

Got 5 bucks says it's the stock. That barrel has a concave taper to it

Comment

Pic 2
                          Attached Files

Comment

Please don't think I am being a smart A@@ but you are not looking down the channel of the stock and comparing it to the barrel are you?

Comment

Pic3
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X