Lake Lewisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by natesimpson74 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are any laws on hunting the edge of the Corps land from the private land side? There are some construction guys who are talking about setting up a feeder right on the edge of the Corps property so they can shoot the deer from their side of the property. Do they have to be a certain distance away from the property border?
    They can be as close to the fence as they want, on the private side. There is no law concerning minimum distance.

Comment

Yeah it was good, it's time to bow hunt some pigs till big duck opens.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        They can be as close to the fence as they want, on the private side. There is no law concerning minimum distance.
        Very true my good friend!

But, if a hunter is smart, they won't put it up to close. What if a shot deer runs back onto ACE property? They can not retrieve it unless they have permission. Blood trail would look kinda like someone was poaching dragging it back to the private side. Might be a good idea to contact the office first and let them know. That is, unless they are gun hunting. And shoot-em in the head or neck so they DRT on the private side .

Larry, tell me where all your good spots are, please!

Comment

What does everyone use to hunt the hogs at night on Lewisville? Nothing is moving during the day right now they seem to be moving around 8 or 9 when it is dark. I would imagine a majority of the green lights sold are more for permanent use.

Comment

What does everyone use to hunt the hogs at night on Lewisville? Nothing is moving during the day right now they seem to be moving around 8 or 9 when it is dark. I would imagine a majority of the green lights sold are more for permanent use.
            Are you allowed to hunt them at night?
            If so that's surprising.

Comment

Lavon does allow you to hunt pigs at night with a stationary light. Don't think Lewisville does.

Comment

I guess I will have to call and ask them. I did not see anywhere that it said you couldn't hunt them at night. I guess I just assumed since it's normal to hunt them at night that you could.

Comment

Right now u will have a 1 hr window of opportunity to make the shot in the light track it down and get out b4 the mosquitoes carry u off.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                    Right now u will have a 1 hr window of opportunity to make the shot in the light track it down and get out b4 the mosquitoes carry u off.
                    I havent had any problems out there at night with my Thermocell on. That is one of the best inventions ever made.

Comment

They're a must out there. I carry two. Agreed it is a very very good invention and a life saver around the lake areas

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        Page 6 of the USACE Fort Worth District Public Hunting Guide

18. Is baiting allowed on Corps of Engineers hunting lands?
                        A hunter may not hunt migratory birds with the aid of bait or on or over any baited area. Contact the site manager of a specific lake for information on using corn to bait deer or other game animals. Note: Hunters are responsible for knowing whether an area is baited or not.

Call the Lewisville office and ask. My bet is they will tell you that you cannot bait corn for hogs on Lewisville. Why they just won't publish it is beyond me. It leaves a grey area, and they almost seem to like it that way.
                        When I picked my permit up I asked one of the USACE guys and he said that corn baiting for hogs was not allowed but he didn't have a problem with the liquid attractant.

My guess is that being the middle of dove season how could they tell you were baiting hogs and not birds.

Comment

I have a Wicked Hunting Light for my bow. Haven't gotten to use it yet though.

Is there a good place on Lewisville to start?

Should you have a kayak?

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                            Are you allowed to hunt them at night?
                            If so that's surprising.
                            USACE told me you can hunt at night.....

Comment

I can get the job done in the light, but it's hard. I took 3 big hogs last yr out there, but would often see packs of 50 or more at a time. If someone wants to go hit me up, I live close and can go often

Comment

Saw 15 deer and a pack of hogs today, had the kids w me was too far away to even get close to make a shot

Comment

Working...
                                X