Best Video camera $500-$1000??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Video camera $500-$1000??

I'm looking to replace my video camera with something a little cheaper from the GL2. Any thoughts? I'm considering the new Canon HV-20 but I am not partial to Canon.

I just got a sony HC-96 mini dv. For the money and features, it is very hard to beat.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I was looking at the HC-96 as well.

Comment

Any other recommendations.....

Comment

Just got a Sony DCR-200 and i love it so far need to get to use it though it was $806 at best buy and it is a Hardrive model so at the best setting it has about 7 hours of recording

Comment

Jesse,
            I just returned a Sony DCR-40 to B&H. I see the Sony DCR-200 & 300 the CMOS sensor. Have you used yours outdoors much? What can you tell me about the low light capablity? Any issues with only a 10x optical zoom? Have you edited any footage? Sorry for so many questions. I'm without a camera right now and eager to get the right one.

Comment

I have only used it a bit and really like it. i have used it indoors only and in low light was impressed. sorry but that is all I have had time to check out.

Comment

I have researched for about 3 months and think I have it narrowed down to the Sony DCR-HC7 or the Panasonic PV-GS500. Any advice before I make this purchase? Anyone... Please!!

Comment

ttt

Comment

Never owned one, but have a friend that has the PV-GS500 and he does not like the Mini DVD because of record time. About 30 minutes is all he gets on a Mini DVD

Comment

The PV-GS500 I am referring to is a Mini DV

Comment

I have a JVC mini DV and it has one of the best optical zooms aout there at 35X! Easy to operate and small and compact too. I Love it!

Comment

Working...
                        X