No announcement yet.

School me on Cummins mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coming from a guy who used to love adding power to his trucks I say keep it stock. my 18 has everything I need from the factoy

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      38K mi. Bumper to bumper is out. Power train has 62K left. I'm not waiting 62K miles to mod.
      I would suggest to wait till your out of warranty befor you do anything to the power train. Then when it brakes then mod it but if it’s not broken whey fix it. I’m just not a fan of throwing money into the wind.

Comment

I’ve put 60,000 miles on a Smarty Jr, on my Cummins. Just make sure it’s the ME files.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texasbeanie View Post
          I would suggest to wait till your out of warranty befor you do anything to the power train. Then when it brakes then mod it but if it’s not broken whey fix it. I’m just not a fan of throwing money into the wind.
          I doubt ill even still have this truck when warranty expires. This isn't my daily driver just for the weekends or when i need to tow. Im really not concerned with warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            I sleep well at night not having to explain why I paid $6500 to blow a tranny.

😳 might want to rephrase that![/QUOTE]

I think his avatar speaks for itself

Comment

Don't waste your money on a CAI, if the 16 has the same system my 13 has, you pretty much have it already. There's a baffle in it uou can remove but other than that, I'd leave it alone. Much better options to spend the $300 on.

Install a fumoto valve on the oil pan, replace the fuel filter cap with the aluminum upgrade. All the above mentioned deletes. Be careful on power without any mods to the tranny. And most tunes will have the tranny tunes as an option to change its shift points making it shift smoother and at the right time. They'll also get rid of any throttle lag if you have that. Once your front end parts start going out consider after market like carli or thuren.

There's an endless world of mods and upgrades you can do with that truck, but you'll need a bottomless bank account to go with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
                Don't waste your money on a CAI, if the 16 has the same system my 13 has, you pretty much have it already. There's a baffle in it uou can remove but other than that, I'd leave it alone. Much better options to spend the $300 on.

Install a fumoto valve on the oil pan, replace the fuel filter cap with the aluminum upgrade. All the above mentioned deletes. Be careful on power without any mods to the tranny. And most tunes will have the tranny tunes as an option to change its shift points making it shift smoother and at the right time. They'll also get rid of any throttle lag if you have that. Once your front end parts start going out consider after market like carli or thuren.

There's an endless world of mods and upgrades you can do with that truck, but you'll need a bottomless bank account to go with it

My biggest issue is thr turbo lag and poor acceleration before it spools up.

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post

If he is planning on taking it off road much then a Femco oil drain valve would be better than a Fumoto if a quick drain valve is desired. Reason being is because there have been numerous reported occurrences of the lever being pulled on/tripped by brush or even crop stubble and all the engine oil being dumped on the ground. It has happened even on semis. Putting a zip tie on the Fumoto lever is still not enough to prevent the problem.

Comment

The 13’ and newer cummins trucks with SCR don’t really get a bump in mpg from deleting

13’ and up also use much much less egr function than earlier 6.7s

That being said if you are set on deleting, you won’t regret it. It’s just not as justifiable on the 13’ and newer trucks unless you’re having emissions related issues.

I’ve used box tuners, I’ll even sell you a smarty S67.

My recommendation would be

use a reputable EFI Live tuner (WITH trans tuning if its a 68rfe)

Add 60hp or less if it’s a 68rfe

Get a monitor like edge cts2

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                      My biggest issue is thr turbo lag and poor acceleration before it spools up.

Tuning will get rid of that in some programs

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        I sleep well at night not having to explain why I paid $6500 to blow a tranny.

😳 might want to rephrase that![/QUOTE]

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                        😳 might want to rephrase that!
                        Lmao[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        I think his avatar speaks for itself [/QUOTE]

hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lazy2P View Post
                          Lmao[/QUOTE]

LOL.....

Comment

Delete it EZ tuner with calibrated tunes ( right here in North texas ) the best in trans tuning in my opinion . I have had several tunes and tuners on my truck

BD trans plate Will allow 225 of line pressure .

EZ is a web based unit so save money on not having to add gauges its a app . SOme guys buy a smal tablet and mount it if you want to that route .

You can damage any transmission with out good tuning and applying to much power trans tuning alone is not enough you need to raise the pressure as well .

run it on a 150 HP tune if you can control your self or the 75-100 if you feel the need to stomp the pedal all the time .

I have trans work done to mine and I leave it on the 200 tune all the time towing included .

Comment

Sent you PM....Justin Trimble is the man you need to speak with...

Comment

^^^^^ all good comments, but..........
                                Have you folded out the mirrors????!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X