Shooting time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting time

Can you really see what your shooting 30 mins before sunrise? Maybe I’m getting old but it’s now 10 mins into legal shooting time and I can still just make out bodies. And I’m 20 yds from them, wide open west TEXAS so no trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go see an optometrist. I got no problem with it

Comment

I can’t either and I’m in my 30s. Think that’s how accidents happen or “ I thought it was bigger.”

And i see better than 20/20 when tested. To each their own I guess. But I do hunt thick brush.
      Last edited by Tall Tex; 10-21-2018, 06:46 AM.

Comment

I feel your pain. My eyes have gotten so bad that I have to have lighted pins to shoot in daylight while in a blind too. I just can not see like I used too.

Comment

Im with you. The first few minutes and the last few minutes of legal shooting light is not enough for me

Comment

What if you had a rifle with a scope or a cross gun??

Come on now.

Comment

LasikPlus ;-)

Comment

a lot of it depends on the surrounding area,, i have one stand that is dark before shooting time is over, ( down in a hole with tall trees on the south and west side) the other stand i can see till the last minute...( tall trees on the east and north, short stuff to the south and west plus it is an old road with only grass on it

Comment

I do just fine with a 6x Leupold M8 30 mins before

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                    a lot of it depends on the surrounding area,, i have one stand that is dark before shooting time is over, ( down in a hole with tall trees on the south and west side) the other stand i can see till the last minute...( tall trees on the east and north, short stuff to the south and west plus it is an old road with only grass on it
                    Also a lot depends on if it is cloudy or clear skies.
                    As mentioned if you are under a canopy of trees it gets dark way early.

Comment

My Dad has the same issue... we sat in a stand together last year and I’m watching raccoons on the pile that he didn’t even realize were there... I took him to get new glasses the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My primary stand is in the creek bottom in the trees and if it is overcast, I can't see well at all. My "clock" which tells me I can see well enough is whether or not I can see color. No color, not enough light for me to shoot, whether morning or evening.

Comment

I can see at shooting time but unless I have a pin light I couldn't see my pins

If I am hunting the thick stuff, especially early season with lots of leaves still on trees, shooting time begins later and ends earlier than posted "legal" times

Comment

Generally the problem is age related degeneration of the rods and cones; your light receptors. New glasses nor a better optometrist can’t fix cons-rod dystrophy. Adjust your shooting hours and continue to enjoy you time in the stands.

Comment

The vision issue is my #1 gripe with this getting older crap. Low light times get me too now & unless the deer is known or on the hit list with with characteristics easy to recognize, I don't shoot either...like stated this is usually how the mistakes happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X