No announcement yet.

Got my trailer and ATV stolen on Saturday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, you wait nearly 48 hours to report a crime, then ask a bunch of strangers on the interweb If’n you should call the police, acause your scared you won’t get your stuff back, acause you read on the internet you prolly won’t get your stuff back...

Seems kinda late to me.

SMDH.

Comment

Whoop your neighbors arse

Or steal your neighbors 4wheeler and trailer. Tell them if they report it you know where they live.
      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-27-2018, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Report it.

Comment

Your neighbor sounds sorry.

Comment

Report it.

Comment

Absolutely report it. If you don't, they will know you are a soft, easy target if nothing else. Let your neighbor be the one that decides if they will cooperate with the police.

Comment

Report it. LEOs can get a subpoena for the neighbors video. That stuff could be recovered at a later date and if you didn’t report it they won’t know who to give it back to.

Comment

Has it been mentioned that your neighbors suck?

Comment

I would report it, because they may not catch them now, but it could lead to building a case down the road.

As far as insurance goes, most require a police report anyways as well. I'm not certain what your deductible is, but it may not be worth it to use insurance.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        Then the crooks would know where they live. And yes retaliation. They mentioned a few times they thought it would be gang initiation.

I didnt press them, because I think the other neighbor is going to have a better shot of the scene of the crime. And they have told me they dont mind sharing the pics.

I asked about reporting it because I am dang near positive I have read on here what a waste of time it is, and that I am never going to see my stuff again no matter what I do.
                        pretty sorry neighbor. No doubt you should report it, what do you stand to lose by reporting it?

Comment

Please send me the make and model of all equipment stolen via PM along with your contact info. I am in groups of ATV sales and I will post this with stolen on it. With almost 100,000 members of the group chances are somebody might see it posted somewhere.

Comment

I would report it. Also, if the trailer/ATV were used in some sort of crime, it could come back to haunt you since you never reported it stolen.

Comment

I appreciate the responses adding value.

The neighbor that wont give me the video had valid reasons. Like I stated earlier I watched the video of the crime for several hours at their house on Saturday night. I gave them a 12 hour window of when I was out of town on Saturday, and they were able to pinpoint the time, car, number of people, etc. They have been helping me. And I didnt really press them to turn anything over.

I left my house early on Saturday to make a round trip to the Hill Country. I was planning on leaving Friday, but my transmission went out in my truck, in Conroe Friday afternoon. And I dont live in Conroe. So I dealt with that on Friday. Still wanted to go to the country, so I talked my girlfriend into letting me take her jeep, but had to leave the ATV and trailer since she doesn't have a hitch. And I had a few things going on yesterday.

I dont have a specific insurance policy on either the trailer or the ATV, so my hesitance in reporting it is, what happens if I dont get any money from insurance but my premiums go up?

The titles are below.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                                Then the crooks would know where they live. And yes retaliation. They mentioned a few times they thought it would be gang initiation.

I didnt press them, because I think the other neighbor is going to have a better shot of the scene of the crime. And they have told me they dont mind sharing the pics.

I asked about reporting it because I am dang near positive I have read on here what a waste of time it is, and that I am never going to see my stuff again no matter what I do.
                                How would the crooks know where they live? How would they know who gave you the video?

Regardless, you should report it and get it on paper and in writing that someone stole it. Might save your tail in the long run if something does happen and it is your trailer and 4 wheeler, registered in your name.

I just dont understand why there is even a question about reporting it. Almost like you are glad that it is gone and dont really care about it.

And why are there 2 different names on the titles. Are you Cliff Jones or Ivan Figueroa?

And your neighbors do suck! Valid reasons for not giving you the video, but will let you watch it at their house? WTH! This whole thing sounds fishy.
                                Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 08-27-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X