Jug Line Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jug Line Fishing

Been doing a little jug line fishing lately in Granbury and I can't seem to catch anything. I'm using pool noodles wrapped around 1/2" PVC and I'm making my lines about 8 ft long. So far I've tried live bluegill and cut bluegill with no luck at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Wait until it cools off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LovinTxHuntin View Post
      Been doing a little jug line fishing lately in Granbury and I can't seem to catch anything. I'm using pool noodles wrapped around 1/2" PVC and I'm making my lines about 8 ft long. So far I've tried live bluegill and cut bluegill with no luck at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
      This time of year we catch them in 25ft of water. I would guess your fishing to shallow in 8ft of water in July. Find a creek channel in around 25ft and see what happens. Bluegill is fine but fresh shad will work better

Comment

Shad, maybe put them out at night and run them in the morning. Cats should come up shallow to feed.

Comment

Deep water right now as said above. Find deep water and cut bait will work. Ive been jugging buchanan in deep water and still pulling them in.

Comment

I have been catching some in shallow around 10 ft. I set them early right before sun up and check them a few hrs later. Been using old cut chicken breast soaked in garlic. Probably would be better deep but I like the spot I’ve been dropping them.

Comment

Try deeper water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Too shallow..

Comment

Fish deeeeeeeper.

Comment

Keep some of your 8 footers. Make some 15 and 25’ and place them accordingly. You’ll know what depth to fish next day. Unless your looking for biguns, I’d use shad. Or bull shad gizzards. Good luck!

Comment

Set 45 jugs out last weekend and 72 the weekend before. Fishing anywhere between 2 to 18 foot deep using live and cut perch. Caught 3 cats and 3 gar. I quit until it gets cooler. This was on Somerville.

Comment

I’ve caught 39 cats in 3 trips all on noodle jugs as you describe, cut shad has been the key at night. I’ve been fishing 6-12’ a few caught 25’. Biggest fish so far has been 11.5lbs. We are catching a lot of 5-7lbrs. The perch haven’t been productive for us mainly gizzard shad cut in 1” sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                          Shad, maybe put them out at night and run them in the morning. Cats should come up shallow to feed.
                          Try this, shad and night or early morning feeding in the shallows.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                            Set 45 jugs out last weekend and 72 the weekend before. Fishing anywhere between 2 to 18 foot deep using live and cut perch. Caught 3 cats and 3 gar. I quit until it gets cooler. This was on Somerville.
                            Wondering the mind set on this...
                            I noticed at LOP last weekend that someone had scattered 50 or 60 jugs across the main lake.

Don’t you worry you will catch a kid that is skiing or tubing?

I mean the main lake looked like a plane crash with stuff floating everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              Wondering the mind set on this...
                              I noticed at LOP last weekend that someone had scattered 50 or 60 jugs across the main lake.

Don’t you worry you will catch a kid that is skiing or tubing?

I mean the main lake looked like a plane crash with stuff floating everywhere

That is so wrong and I’m seeing it more and more. All this is doing is giving jug fishing a black eye. They need to be aware that they are responsible for any damage that is directly caused by there jug. Same goes for the big wake board boats but much harder to prove the appropriate party at fault. It all comes down to being considerate of your fellow outdoorsman. And yes I’m an avid jug fisherman and do not want to see jugs become illegal.

Comment

Working...
                              X