Dublin Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dublin Ireland

Heading to Dublin with the wife for our anniversary later this year. Thought
    I would check if anyone has been and have any recommendations on things to see and places to eat?

If you drive down to Roscommon you can say hi to my cousins. Pm me you email address and I’ll send you a couple restaurants that folks have recommended me. Haven’t been so can’t get then but can pass on places to go

Comment

Plenty of Guiness to drink! Ireland is a blast, enjoy!

Comment

I went and to see the city I got the hop on hop off bus tour I for like 20 dollars I think. It will drop you off at different locations and go explore. The bus makes rounds all day so you can go around on your own time and just jump back on when your ready . Cheaper than a taxi.

Comment

We are headed over to Ireland and Scotland in August.

My wife is putting the trip together. She works for American and she has a lot of buddies that have made the trip.

I am clueless at this point!

Comment

I’m no help other than it’s on the fly fishing hit list for me...and probably gonna have to drink a beer there.

Comment

My wife and I spent a week in Ireland exactly on year ago. I can’t help on Dublin, because we went everywhere BUT Dublin, but you’re in for a great time. Beautiful country and people.

Comment

Find out where the locals hang out. Pub life is the best in Ireland. In most of the smaller towns I visited, the local pub served as a community center of sorts. Individuals of all ages would gather around in the pub and play musical instruments and sing. It provides for a wonderfully entertaining atmosphere that is a lot of fun. Did I mention that the Guinness over there is amazing? No comparison to what you get over here.

Comment

We’re going to Ireland in early August. My wife scheduled the trip and I am clueless at this point. Whoever goes first needs to report back places to visit.

Comment

Definetely the Temple bar, a bunch of places to eat and drink around there. Cant remember other specific bars/restraunts. Didnt do the guinness tour but have heard good things.

We are restless and ended up getting a rental car to get out of dublin and see more. Drove across to the cliffs of Mohr and also to Cork to see the Blarney stone and castle. Regret not playing golf or atleast doing a pitch n putt.

Overall we loved it over there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always wanted to go to Ireland.

Comment

Definitely go see the Cliffs of Moher!

Also, remember this, Irish dairy products are AMAZING.

Furthermore, Irish whiskey is incredible and goes far beyond the stuff that's popular here in the states! Make sure to try:

Yellow Spot (utterly incredible)
                        Green Spot
                        Connemara (it's the Irish equivalent of an Islay scotch - very peaty)
                        Midleton
                        Teeling
                        Redbreast

If you're near the Grand Canal District, there is a great breakfast place called Lolly & Cooks, and make sure regardless of where you go to eat the Full Irish breakfasts! The blood sausage is - despite how it sounds - DELICIOUS! Also in that area is the great Bord Gais Energy Theater.

If you're lucky, try to go see a Hurling match at Croke Park!!

Most of all, have fun, and never ever underestimate the wit of the Irish! If you want to make a wise crack, you'd better have 20 more in your back pocket because they love a good match of wits!

Comment

Originally posted by Cullstuff View Post
                          Definetely the Temple bar, a bunch of places to eat and drink around there. Cant remember other specific bars/restraunts. Didnt do the guinness tour but have heard good things.

We are restless and ended up getting a rental car to get out of dublin and see more. Drove across to the cliffs of Mohr and also to Cork to see the Blarney stone and castle. Regret not playing golf or atleast doing a pitch n putt.
                          My mom and her friend are big on Scotland so my parents and her friend and husband went for two weeks. My dad said the only thing he regrets is not playing golf. He was the only golfer in the group and didn't want to hold everyone up.

Comment

Cool thread. Wife and I are headed to Scotland and Dublin July 10 - 20. The wife is presenting a paper at a conference in Dublin.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Comment

Get to Dublin and then get rent a car and take it out of Dublin.

It very touristy in Dublin, get out and see the country side of Ireland and the small towns. Pub hop and mingle with the locals they were all very friendly and love to talk, sports especially. They seemed to really like us Texans too.

Play a round or 2 of pitch and putt. It's a lot of fun and cheap. The golf courses for a full 18 are incredible there as well. We played Adare Manor Golf Club (you play through and around castles). Cliffs of Moher is a must see. Galway and Cork are both worth a visit too!

If you stay in Dublin here's a few things to see and do:
                              Guinness factory
                              Jamison Distillery
                              Trinity College Library - The Book of Kells
                              The Brazen Head Pub - Irelands oldest pub Est. 1198
                              St. Patrick's Cathedral
                              Dublin Castle
                              Temple Bar

Enjoy it! I'd go back in a heartbeat, it's been my favorite vacation by a long shot. Also if you have time it was very reasonable to hop on a plane over to Liverpool, it was a good time there as well and if you're a Beatles fan it's well worth your time! Not much help on food. We never were actively seeking places to eat and typically just grabbed a bite at the pubs. Shepherds Pie was to die for every time I got it.
                              Last edited by HillCoBowHunter; 06-08-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X