Fish finder recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish finder recommendations?

Anybody have any recommendations for a fishfinder under 500 dollars? I mainly fish for cats, crappie, and sandbass. It will go on my 17 foot tracker. Thanks in advance.

Im running 2 humminbird helix 5 gen 2's with gps and down imaging and really like them. You can get a helix 7 for your budget.

Comment

Ok thanks I will take a look

Comment

I'm looking hard at this one

Comment

Nice, I have the Garmin striker 4 now just a little small and it shuts on and off on me.

Comment

Fish finder. I thought you were looking for a fishing guide.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              Fish finder. I thought you were looking for a fishing guide.
              Fishfinder

Comment

I do like my lowrance.

But if i was buying new again i would go hummingbird helix 5 or 7 with down and side image. If you get the 5 you could add a nice map card and still be under budget.

I also really like the raymarine dragonflys i have played with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like I’m going to take a look at the helix 5

Comment

Under that range I’d be looking at Garmin or hummingbird

Comment

I just bought a Humminbird Helix 7 SI this weekend. First email to Humminbird was to ask why it did not have the transducer straps and little cable head cover...first, second, and third call was to address why it locks up as soon as you put in an SD card. After two additional trips to town for different types of SD cards, I gave up on their scripted answers and took it back to swapped for a Lowrance Hook2 7. When I got home I got a scripted response from Humminbird on what should be in the mounting package...

Comment

Don't do Garmin. They are very proprietary and waste no time obsoleting a product and offering zero support. That is how they force you to keep buying their product. Coming from the aviation world you either love them or hate them. I don't care for them.

Ray marine gets no love for some reason, but their products have all the same tech and features as the others. The Dragonfly line is pretty snazzy. I was going to get one for my kayak but went a different way.

Hummingbird and Lowrance have been in the game the longest and have several options available, and it just comes down to which is more user friendly for what you are looking for.

Comment

Hook 7 or 5 from lowrance

Comment

Hummingbird all the way!!

Comment

Working...
                            X