Electrical advice for my shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    If you’re gonna do that just use MC cable.

I will run conduit in mine. But I’ve been an electrician for 28 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mike, I'm not sure about Texas code. Can you run MC/BX exposed for more than 18"? It is cable not conduit. I have seen it done and the BX looks just as good as pipe. But is that legal? Greenfield on the other hand IS conduit.

Comment

Electrical advice for my shop

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
      Mike, I'm not sure about Texas code. Can you run MC/BX exposed for more than 18"? It is cable not conduit. I have seen it done and the BX looks just as good as pipe. But is that legal? Greenfield on the other hand IS conduit.

Yes you can run MC as far as you want since it has an equipment grounding conductor in it. I don’t even think BX is made any longer.

And the NEC is national code, not just Texas. [emoji6] Of course local AHJ can enforce any local ordinance that is above code minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Mike D; 02-20-2018, 05:48 AM.

Comment

MC in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
          Greenfield was the first flex conduit with wire in it
          Now it’s the trade name for flex conduit with wire in it
          Home Depot calls it AFC or Armorite
          Definitely the easiest quickest and cleanest way to wire to plugs and switches

Comment

Working...
          X