No announcement yet.

New Tundra Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They make their money on the trade-in, the sale, and the financing. More you pull on one lever the more they will try to pull on another. Negotiate all three as separately as possible. I got 4-5k off mine in 2014, along with KBB private party value on the trade in, let them do a higher finance rate, then paid off the note a few months later. So they made their money on the financing, but it didn’t really my bottom line since I paid It off quickly.

Comment

New Tundra Price?

Originally posted by CWP View Post
      They make their money on the trade-in, the sale, and the financing. More you pull on one lever the more they will try to pull on another. Negotiate all three as separately as possible. I got 4-5k off mine in 2014, along with KBB private party value on the trade in, let them do a higher finance rate, then paid off the note a few months later. So they made their money on the financing, but it didn’t really my bottom line since I paid It off quickly.

This. I didn’t tell them I was trading until well after the fact and then demanded what I wanted for my trade. They came within 500 bucks of what I wanted sight unseen which was fair. It had a rear main seal leak, no suspension, broken shifter knob, a couple small dents, plenty of scratches, torn leather, and a couple other things. Was a Toyota Tacoma that I traded that was 11 years old and worn out! Oh, and a different tranny that was a bit smaller than the stock tranny as well as a gutted catalytic converter. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        I bought two tundras so far. I got about 9k off both of them. I helped my fiancé get her Camry and we got $7800 off it. I think 9k is not unreasonable and 12k would be the max. I’ve found around 22% -25% off sticker to be the most I’ve been able to get them down and I drive a very hard bargain and shop for a while. I also do everything via email. I’ll email 6-8 Toyota dealers between Dallas and Houston stating what vehicle I want and that I’m emailing several dealers and who ever gets me the best price will earn my business. Then I get a couple competing and see who will get the lowest. Once I get there I still drive a hard bargain and see what “extras” I can get in or how much more I can get off. So far Atkinson Toyota in college station was the lowest on the tundra and Toyota of Fort Worth was the lowest in the Camry.

What Tundra style did you get and was it 4x4?

Comment

I got my 16 Tundra right at the beginning of 2017 for $36k.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
            What Tundra style did you get and was it 4x4?

Tundra 5.7 crewmax 4x4 tss SR5

Comment

I have found with fort bend Toyota. If you get totes from 2 other places on similar vehicles, they will bet my price.

Not sure why they want you to get quotes and not just shoot straight. But it works

Comment

Picked up my new 2017 Crewmax 4x4 SR5 in June 2017 for $36K. They swapped out wheels and tires from a 2017 TRD, weather tech mats and roll top bed cover. I think you should be able t get under $40K.

Comment

I helped my fiancé get her Camry and we got $7800 off it. ... and Toyota of Fort Worth was the lowest in the Camry.

What was the trim level of the Camry and what was your otd price on it?

Comment

I got my tundra down 9k

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                      What was the trim level of the Camry and what was your otd price on it?

It is a SE with a sun roof, touchscreen and navigation, leather/cloth seats, accented stitching, 4 cyl (which most camrys are). I think it was kind of a sport package.

MSRP - right at around 29k (give or take a couple hundred)

Sales price - 22,600 (plus ttl) it was right at 25% off sticker with zero percent finance because she had graduated college within two years of purchase I believe. Toyota gives zero percent financing to new grads. She bought it over Christmas in 2016.

This was Toyota of Fort Worth. However, Atkinson in Madisonville would match the price but we were in Dallas at the time (holidays at her parents) so we picked the car up from Dallas. I did everything via email and had my numbers before we drove up to the lot. Then we test drove it and she like it so that’s what we went with.

Don’t ever give them what you are comfortable with as your monthly payment or down payment. Never discuss finances until you get the rock bottom price. Then look at payment. (Basic finance calculator or some math and you can have an idea where your payment should be with average interest rates) if they can sell you on payment, they will, and they won’t discount the car as much and stretch the financing out to 7 years to make the number each month look better instead lowering overall amount financed. I’m sure you know all this but thought I’d throw that out there anyways. Maybe someone new to car buying could use the tips!

Comment

It is a SE with a sun roof, touchscreen and navigation, leather/cloth seats, accented stitching, 4 cyl (which most camrys are). I think it was kind of a sport package.

MSRP - right at around 29k (give or take a couple hundred)

Sales price - 22,600 (plus ttl) it was right at 25% off sticker with zero percent finance because she had graduated college within two years of purchase I believe. Toyota gives zero percent financing to new grads. She bought it over Christmas in 2016.
                        alk
                        That was a GREAT DEAL!!!
                        For the bare bones LE they want $20k
                        You paid a couple grand more for so much more car.

Comment

If you don't mine off lease cars and trucks and fly to FL and drive it back this place has great prices.

Thinking about doing it at the end of the year.
                          My sister that lives in Daytona Beach just got a 2017 Buick Enclave Leather FWD with 13K miles for 28K out the door.
                          Last edited by Bassdeer; 02-11-2018, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                            That was a GREAT DEAL!!!

For the bare bones LE they want $20k

You paid a couple grand more for so much more car.

We were happy with it

Comment

Went to look at them. Guy was dropping by like $2k.

I'm looking at a 1794. If I could get itat 44 out the door I'd be happy

Comment

Working...
                              X