2018 Arkansas Conservation Goose Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Arkansas Conservation Goose Hunt

Got up here yesterday to start our annual Arkansas goose hunt with Northern Skies Outfitters. Six of us hunting this year as my better half is having to sit out with our daughter who was born last month. Saw lots of large groups on the way up yesterday which looked very promising. Numbers have also been good for the opening week of the conservation season with many hunts killing in the 100s and a few that went over 200.

Hunted just outside of Jonesboro this morning near a town called Cash. Had an interesting start as it was very foggy and we were very close to a roost, somehow we managed to get several groups to work. The day changed in the afternoon as a hard NW wind picked up causing several groups to come over but not work. Didn't hunt all the way til sunset as some weather began to move in so we called it a little early. Finished up with 78 birds, with a little better shooting and jumping on a few groups early before they headed out we could have passed 100 easy. Will head back out in the morning for another hunt.

Banded Drake Custom Calls

I was wondering how y’all did .

Comment

Nice!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Greatness
            Smokeless

Comment

Weather got warm all of the sudden, hopefully y’all will kill them tomorrow.

I rarely sky carp hunt, but we killed ~200 on Wednesday a little ways north of you guys. Enough for a sore shoulder, anyway!

I wish you’d kill 5000. Sneak ditches and stir their azz up. We have far FAR too many.

Comment

Cooled off this morning back to normal temps. Hopefully they’re flying for you guys. I’m at work!

Comment

Ton of birds moving this morning but it's been tough hunting. Have a large group set up about a mile from us feeding and it's hard to compete

Comment

Was a little bit of a rough start this morning, and was pretty cold. But we adjusted and were able to bring the birds in with a few good size groups coming right in on top of us. Didn't get any good pics today as we were spending our time hiding really well. Participated in the .410 challenge but just couldn't make it happen, although I smoked a flying Dr Pepper can at the end of the day with it. Looking forward to next year already, coming back with Northern Skies Outfitters

Ended the day with 51 birds

Comment

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
                      Ton of birds moving this morning but it's been tough hunting. Have a large group set up about a mile from us feeding and it's hard to compete

I think that’s the reason that not many people here really hunt them hard. There are so many, it’s hard to work small enough groups or compete with big wads like you’re talking about. Y’all probably should have went over there and got them up, but they may have just set back down depending on how many they were.

Sounds like y’all did pretty good and a good time was had!

Comment

dang aaron, wish i would haved saved your number, would loved to have gone, tried to put a group together this year but couldnt get any interest, any of the same guys from 2016 with you this time, ought to see jackie, she is doing great
                        Attached Files

Comment

Rodney and Jonathan were there this year. We'll be going back next year on the 3rd and 4th

Comment

congratualtions on your little one, and please keep me in mind next year,

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X