Hoping for success tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping for success tonight

Had a string of failures in the last 2 weeks.

Hoping to change that tonight.

Back out with the Savage 300WSM hoping to connect with a deer and a pig (s).

I was at the same blind this am. Had a yearling and a doe at the feeder. I hemmed and hawed about shooting it. Finally decided too when a 3 pointer walks in. She leaves.
    They clean me out of corn and walk off.

Man!
    I've seen 4 dove.
    This had been one of our better stands too....

Comment

It's been a rough season for me in Bandera and uvalde county I've seen a total of 5 whitetail in I don't know how many sits, acorns and weather got everything screwed up

Comment

Right at 6 a group of us come in.
        My buddy is hunting another set up.
        He said put come in and left maybe headed my way.
        I put my ears in. Put right on rest and wait. I see them come in. They start feeding I see the cross hairs on one and squeeze the trigger.
        They run off, leaving one behind on the ground doing the herky jerky. It don't get up.
        The 165 TSX BT did its job.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          Right at 6 a group of pigs come in where my buddy is hunting.
          He said they come in and left, maybe headed my way.
          I put my ears in. Put my rifle on the rest and wait.
          I see them come in.
          They start feeding, I settle the cross hairs on one just behind the shoulder and squeeze the trigger.

The group runs off, leaving two behind on the ground doing the herky jerky. They don't get up.
          The 165 grain TSX BT did its job.
          I corrected my auto corrects.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            I corrected my auto corrects.

Congrats on sealing the deal....but I have to ask based on your past threads of self proclaimed mishaps. Am I reading you shot at a deer without making sure it was clear behind it and killed two?

Comment

Pigs

Comment

Originally posted by Murph View Post
                Pigs

My mistake. I was looking at camera pics and had deer on the brain. Carry on!

Congrats on smoking two of the vermin OP!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Two porkers with one lead! Good shooting! congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Congrats on sealing the deal....but I have to ask based on your past threads of self proclaimed mishaps. Am I reading you shot at a deer without making sure it was clear behind it and killed two?
                      At the start of this thread there was 2 deer at my feeder initially.
                      A doe I wanted to shoot and a yearling.
                      I was hoping more would come in that's why I waited to shoot. When the 3 point came in the doe left. Leaving the 3 point and yearling. I didn't want either of those, this year.
                      Well about the time in decided to call the 3 point they walk off. I didn't get a chance to shoot.

I Why back to that same blind for the evening hunt. Didn't see but 4-5 Dove.
                      I was fixing to start getting my gear together when my buddy texted me. Pigs stopped by his spot and left.
                      About 1800 a Sounder shows up.
                      I picked the one on the right side, they were to the right side of the feeder, I was hoping to get them to go left, than back right for another shot, they didn't. I shot him and they ran to the right, direction they'd come from.

I racked another round in the chamber and got my scope back on him. Only saw one set of legs kicking. As I walked up on it in saw the other one..

Didn't see any blood trails either

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        My mistake. I was looking at camera pics and had deer on the brain. Carry on!

Congrats on smoking two of the vermin OP!
                        We saw this on camera and got EXCITED biggest deer we've seen on our lease.
                        Guy's on the lease next to us got him.
                        We was bummed.

Comment

Working...
                        X