Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
      That's just neat as heck!
      Gracias!
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by KenHays View Post
        I saw nothing about this as illegal

But it was a dang cool video!!!!!!!!!
        i'm not calling a game warden or anything like that. but, remember places like Alaska don't even let you hunt the same day you were on a plane.

other states are making specific legislation about drones and hunting.

plus, many people often forget that javelina are a game animal and not just the nasty little pest that we think of them.

that's all i'm saying. it seems Michael thought about it as well.

cool video no doubt but the type that Texas will likely to start taking a closer look at in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
          i'm not calling a game warden or anything like that. but, remember places like Alaska don't even let you hunt the same day you were on a plane.

other states are making specific legislation about drones and hunting.

plus, many people often forget that javelina are a game animal and not just the nasty little pest that we think of them.

that's all i'm saying. it seems Michael thought about it as well.

cool video no doubt but the type that Texas will likely to start taking a closer look at in the future.
          Indeed, the thought crossed my mind. I gave it a lot of consideration before I attempted it (my original goal was to track myself with the Active Track (follow me) feature on the drone. I had a discussion with Casey about it (and the potential legalities of it) the day before. I also gave it plenty of thought before I went public with the video. Trust me, GW's will see it. Ultimately, I'm confident that there's nothing potentially illegal about my usage...yet.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great vid Michael! That's a camera angle we hardly ever get to see during a hunt

Comment

Pretty cool drone footage

Comment

Pretty dang cool. Congrats on the kill and great vid.

Comment

Nice view from the top!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Indeed, the thought crossed my mind. I gave it a lot of consideration before I attempted it (my original goal was to track myself with the Active Track (follow me) feature on the drone. I had a discussion with Casey about it (and the potential legalities of it) the day before. I also gave it plenty of thought before I went public with the video. Trust me, GW's will see it. Ultimately, I'm confident that there's nothing potentially illegal about my usage...yet.

I first thought about the legality of this. I would think your okay since the drone was behind you and the Javi's were in front of you.
                    If the Javi's would have been between you and the drone I could see how someone could construe that as "driving game" towards you.
                    If anything the way you had the drone in your video it would have pushed them away from you.

Your okay and get a pass.

Signed
                    JR game-warden internet connoisseur

Comment

Very cool video and as usual I am impressed. It's a shame you have to worry about what you post these days. Keep the videos coming.

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
                        I first thought about the legality of this. I would think your okay since the drone was behind you and the Javi's were in front of you.
                        If the Javi's would have been between you and the drone I could see how someone could construe that as "driving game" towards you.
                        If anything the way you had the drone in your video it would have pushed them away from you.

Your okay and get a pass.

Signed
                        JR game-warden internet connoisseur
                        Whew! I'll print this out just in case somebody from the state calls!

Here's a little bonus footage (filmed with iPhone) from the previous weekend. One of the DBF's with a successful stalk.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSM3LS0oR5Q"]South Texas Javelina Stalk with Bow - YouTube[/ame]
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by hef187 View Post
                          Pretty cool drone footage
                          Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                          Pretty dang cool. Congrats on the kill and great vid.
                          Originally posted by Czechoholic View Post
                          Nice view from the top!
                          Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Very cool video and as usual I am impressed. It's a shame you have to worry about what you post these days. Keep the videos coming.
                          Thanks for the comments and encouragement!
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Here's a little bonus footage (filmed with iPhone) from the previous weekend. One of the DBF's with a successful stalk.

The similarities between the two videos are obvious. If the Active Track feature allows the drone to follow behind you I would think it would look the same as the second video.

Comment

Originally posted by Capstone View Post
                              The similarities between the two videos are obvious. If the Active Track feature allows the drone to follow behind you I would think it would look the same as the second video.

I agree. I'd love to find out! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

I just killed like an hour watching videos!! Good stuff!

heck now it's time to start getting ready for lunch!

Comment

Working...
                                X