LBJ Grassland 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snubnose57 View Post
    Been hunting there since the early 80's.
    Just want to make sure to follow all the rules.
    Hope we have JBJ for many years to come.
    Same here brother, 1984 or 85. It was hectic back in the day on opening day.

Comment

First blood of the season on LBJ. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171003_084557.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	24513878

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jljjdye View Post
        First blood of the season on LBJ. [ATTACH]876060[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
        Congrats I had 2 does walk 45 yards away but they were young.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Out early today. Haven't seen anything yet but hopefully that'll change. Nice to be back in the outdoors regardless though . Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mill View Post
            Out early today. Haven't seen anything yet but hopefully that'll change. Nice to be back in the outdoors regardless though . Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
            Best of luck to ya! I'll be out early tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Didn't see anything this morning. Hopefully tonight goes better. Hope you guys are finding success.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                Didn't see anything this morning. Hopefully tonight goes better. Hope you guys are finding success.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Was out at LBJ for the first time yesterday got there at first light scouted a good bit of ground, back to prosper by 4. Found only one set of trail markers, which surprised me. Just expected to see more evidence of other hunters. All in all encouraged. Where do you hunt? (Not like exactly where, what unit?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a hog run under my stand before shooting light this morning. I moved to a new spot this afternoon and had a doe, 3 fawns and a yearling buck come by at about 30 yards. I shot at the doe and missed. She was walking and I should have stopped her. Saw a young 6 pointer later in the evening too. I gave him a contact grunt and he stopped, then took off running. It was a good day besides the heat; I sweat my butt off. Hopefully I'll get some more opportunities. I'll be back at it next weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                    Was out at LBJ for the first time yesterday got there at first light scouted a good bit of ground, back to prosper by 4. Found only one set of trail markers, which surprised me. Just expected to see more evidence of other hunters. All in all encouraged. Where do you hunt? (Not like exactly where, what unit?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Scouting at first light during season? Glad you didn’t see any other hunters and ruin their hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by buckshot179 View Post
                      Scouting at first light during season? Glad you didn’t see any other hunters and ruin their hunt!

He might not have seen any hunters but he very well could've ruined a hunt. We've all had "that guy" walk by during prime time, and he never saw us.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                        He might not have seen any hunters but he very well could've ruined a hunt. We've all had "that guy" walk by during prime time, and he never saw us.
                        Exactly!

Comment

YEs, Glad I wasn't "that guy" ...Where I was there were no cars parked at the access or anywhere along the road... I got there early enough and waited long enough to be reasonably sure that I wasn't disturbing anyone...and it was a workday for most. Would not have considered doing that on a weekend...

Comment

Day Pack

What are you guys carrying in your LBJ hunting day packs? Ive been looking online at what other hunters carry in general in different places in the country but I'd like to know what the Texas public hunting folks carry so I don't miss anything regional specific.

Comment

A knife, some water, a piece of rope, flagging tape and a ball point pen. I strap a small stool to the pack. I hunt on the ground so some string comes in handy to tie back branches and weeds. If it looks like its going to rain I will add a poncho.

Comment

Light pack: (* = On body)
                                * Bnocs
                                * Skinning knife
                                Flashlight and Headlight
                                Range finder
                                Rope
                                TP
                                Compass
                                Map
                                Water and food
                                P bottle