Dallas Cowboys 2016 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind that had Tony played Zeke and Dez would have had better games, he would have made calls at the line to exploit the defense. The Giants played it smart, they were going to make the quarterback beat them, he got close, sure wish Baily would have got a chance for 60 yarder.
    They should have worked the boot leg more and utilized Dak's run threat. The play calling was very conservative in a stupid sort of way. Dak executed well, had they pushed it more, he might have thrown some interceptions, but also might have scored a few more touchdowns. The run game never got going, which took away the play action. All too predictable for the defense.

Comment

How many yards did Adrian Peterson have today ?

I don't have any idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

30 something yards for AP. Trust me, he was a big disappointment to my fantasy team.

Comment

Oh hell never mind, Zeke is the biggest bust ever in the Nfl, they need to cut him now, start Morris who was basically cut by Washington, makes sense to me, i think the Vikings should cut Peterson as well, cant believe that piece of trash could not gain more than 40 yards against the lowly Titans.

Eaaaasy big fella, I just put the #s up. I know he's gonna go off at some point and I'll have to eat **** on the deal. I just want us to keep track of progress since you boys all think I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Eaaaasy big fella, I just put the #s up. I know he's gonna go off at some point and I'll have to eat **** on the deal. I just want us to keep track of progress since you boys all think I'm wrong.

please tell me ...they added "Crow" to the swear list....

Comment

He didn't need to be cut, but you do play the hot hand, which was Morris. Zeke stayed in because he was the 1st round draft pick and probably Garrett thought any play was going to be "the play". Bad coaching. As far as Zeke being a bust, it takes more than one game to say that.

Comment

You guys are something else!!!

Comment

Not sure if Elliot will be a top performer or not especially after just one game. Dak performed better than most would expect for a 4th rounder to play especially considering that the qb position is much more difficult to learn. Either way, this will prove to be a very good draft for the Boys IMHO.

Comment

Meh. NFL. Same product coming out of Dallas again. I will watch every game but it just doesn't get me all worked up. I know what to expect.

Comment

II do not contend that Elliot is a bad player in any way. My contention is that they wasted a 4th overall by taking a rb on THIS team.

I havnt seen Zeke do anything yet that Morris couldn't do, but I'm watching and waiting...

Comment

II do not contend that Elliot is a bad player in any way. My contention is that they wasted a 4th overall by taking a rb on THIS team.

I havnt seen Zeke do anything yet that Morris couldn't do, but I'm watching and waiting...

Agree 100%. Should have gone Dline

Comment

You are spot on. Zeke was a Jerry pick and they tried to rationalize it by saying Zeke helps the defense. It was a load of crap and a lot of Cowboys fans ate it and loved it. Problem was there was not another top 5 DL player in the draft after Bosa was off the board. You could argue Buckner, but I don't know that Dallas even had him in the top 10. Trading back for Rankins, might have been the move, but I don't believe Dallas could get any good offers. They believed Bosa was their guy, and he wasn't there.

Comment

Interesting that the Cowboys GM thought he needed to speak out to defend the coaching of WR Williams on his lack of getting to the sideline. Not something you would expect to hear from your GM.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                              Agree 100%. Should have gone Dline

I agree too. I wasn't surprised, but they have needs all over the defense to fill

Comment

I agree with your assesment. I think they gambled that he would be a great back and would make the offense unstoppable. I think Jerry's plan was that Romo would make defenses pay if they stacked it up against the run. I don't think Jerry has a realistic view on what Dez can really do or not do IMHO. Still too early to say what Zeke's career will be like.

It was hard to see what the giant's defense did on the televised game. I wonder what adjustments are going to be made by the Boys to both the passing and running games. It seemed to me like the Giants gave up all the short routes and tried to cover deep and stop the run. It worked good and as usuall no in game adjustments form the Boys' coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X