Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2018, 01:19 PM   #201
Chef
Ten Point
 
Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bardwell Tx
Hunt In: Hamilton County
Default

Thank you guys for getting me motivated to do something. I
With my career change I don't have the availiaility to ride my bike like I was in the past. This seems like the obviously solution to gain control of my health. As a former Marine I have had my fair share of Forced Marches!!! Found a simple Ruck sak online and plan on starting off slow this week with a 10# sand bag and a goal of 5 miles each day of the work week and a 10 mile on a weekend day.
Starting weight is 218 goal weight is 190.
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-05-2018, 06:19 PM   #202
Chef
Ten Point
 
Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bardwell Tx
Hunt In: Hamilton County
Default

Well... I didn't die!!!
Day 1 @ 222lbs
25# pack
4.55 miles in 1:19 with 1200 calories burned.
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #203
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Another 7 miles in this chilly arse morning and that puts me at 76.75 for the year (Shut it, Swamp Rabbit). Took a new ruck out today that I finally received from a Kickstarter campaign and I have to say I know it's not purpose built for loading steel plates (or bricks) like my GR0 is (although, one of the co-owners was one of the designers/founders for GORUCK when they developed the GR rucks) it really rides nice with a 30# plate in the laptop compartment. I've got an 18 mile training ruck this Saturday so I'm going to also load two 10# bags of rice into it to get up to 50# and if all goes well I'll bring it to Jailbreak.

Name:  IMG_5496.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  42.1 KB
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #204
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

16.22 miles at 60#+ today with the new ruck. Recap later. Shower first . I smell like wet dog that rolled in hot garbage.
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #205
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Name:  94A0C2E5-18DB-48B6-9A85-45DC811A3C01.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  AF18BBC1-ECB7-4C4B-AAEF-AA16C9C94466.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  1F8F74D4-FA59-478C-A622-B8D611E70951.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  47.7 KB
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #206
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Good work Mark!

Been busy the last 3 days and have gotten very little in.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 05:55 PM   #207
Saddle Tramp
Eight Point
 
Saddle Tramp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rockport
Hunt In: Most Public some private
Default

I read yesterday where the Army will no longer include it in their training program. It never really said why just that it was stopping.
Saddle Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 06:23 PM   #208
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

I have been doing it 2 to 3 times a week and love it. I usually do about an hour to 1.5 hrs. I really have nothing to judge as I'm not in the business of loosing weight but after my walks I feel like I have got something out of them.
glen is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 06:28 PM   #209
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Need to step my game up.

Name:  4CEE881F-ABB7-4414-8B5B-F18EB283D40F.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  56.5 KB
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #210
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
I have been doing it 2 to 3 times a week and love it. I usually do about an hour to 1.5 hrs. I really have nothing to judge as I'm not in the business of loosing weight but after my walks I feel like I have got something out of them.
When I am controlling my eating.. walks always make a difference. They keep my metabolism up so that calorie cuts dont just slow you down.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #211
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Still holding in the top 5. That dude in 1st finally posted on FB... one of those runners that are always running marathons. Aint gonna see 1st place ever again. Most others are mixed runners, walkers, rucking

Mine are all rucks of varying loads so I am surprised I am still up there since running is more time efficient when it comes to miles.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 07:20 PM   #212
MasonCo.
Ten Point
 
MasonCo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brazoria Co
Hunt In: Brazoria Co, public land
Default

Time to start !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MasonCo. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #213
Jacobs117
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Lewisville
Hunt In: Looking
Default

I am signed up for the Bataan Memorial Death March in New Mexico next month. I am walking/rucking about 20-25 miles each week in preparation. I also started doing it to work on long hikes for an elk hunt soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jacobs117 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:35 AM   #214
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobs117 View Post
I am signed up for the Bataan Memorial Death March in New Mexico next month. I am walking/rucking about 20-25 miles each week in preparation. I also started doing it to work on long hikes for an elk hunt soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good deal, hope to see you out on the course!

7 more miles this morning in near zero vis. Stats after a shower and refuel.
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 07:40 AM   #215
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young
 
sierracharlie338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Republic of Texas (Houston)
Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days
Default

I really need to start motivating my self. Run bike ruck, something!
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #216
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Stats from this mornings ruck (30#. Went light today since it's a short ruck)...

Name:  IMG_5512.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  IMG_5513.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  IMG_5514.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  31.6 KB
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #217
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

About to go walk no pack- Did about 6 miles yesterday and have a hot spot on my right foot. Gotta get better footwear
glen is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 06:09 PM   #218
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Closing in on 400... just 14 to go.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #219
Arrowsmith
OTD - Older than Dirt
 
Arrowsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, Texas
Hunt In: Erath County and Davis County Iowa
Default

It has gotten to be a daily evening routine for me. I hike about 2 miles a day with 25 lbs of gear in my Molle ll large ruck sack. I really like the real cold days. Sunday it was cold and misting. I hiked about 2 miles, stopped made some coffee down in a creek bottom, then hiked back out. Here are some pics from this evening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited by Arrowsmith; 02-14-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Arrowsmith is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #220
Txhuntr2
Eight Point
 
Txhuntr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Kinney County
Default

Good workout. I havenít done any of that since I had to.
Txhuntr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #221
Jacobs117
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Lewisville
Hunt In: Looking
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1369 View Post
Stats from this mornings ruck (30#. Went light today since it's a short ruck)...



Attachment 896957



Attachment 896958



Attachment 896959


Nice! I signed up for the civilian light. I am walking with a group from the Dallas area. It would be awesome to see you out there!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jacobs117 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #222
flatlander
Ten Point
 
flatlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Llano
Default

Anybody looking at this event?

https://www.goruck.com/event-13887/

1369 introduced me to the GORUCK thing with his write up about the Constellation event.
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #223
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowsmith View Post
It has gotten to be a daily evening routine for me. I hike about 2 miles a day with 25 lbs of gear in my Molle ll large ruck sack. I really like the real cold days. Sunday it was cold and misting. I hiked about 2 miles, stopped made some coffee down in a creek bottom, then hiked back out. Here are some pics from this evening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
That is great stuff buddy! Can't beat that kinda scenery. Beats my urban jungle for sure

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #224
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Anybody looking at this event?

https://www.goruck.com/event-13887/

1369 introduced me to the GORUCK thing with his write up about the Constellation event.
I like it! But traveling to do it isnt gonna happen.

That being said, I turn 40 this year and have been tossing around the idea of doing a 40 miler in one day. Not sure if I will do that in lieu of doing an 2nd annual ruck and cast... or do both.

On that note, I hit 400 miles today with a 14 mile total day today.



Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 10:05 PM   #225
Bci2nd
Six Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Howe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1369 View Post
Another 7 miles in this chilly arse morning and that puts me at 76.75 for the year (Shut it, Swamp Rabbit). Took a new ruck out today that I finally received from a Kickstarter campaign and I have to say I know it's not purpose built for loading steel plates (or bricks) like my GR0 is (although, one of the co-owners was one of the designers/founders for GORUCK when they developed the GR rucks) it really rides nice with a 30# plate in the laptop compartment. I've got an 18 mile training ruck this Saturday so I'm going to also load two 10# bags of rice into it to get up to 50# and if all goes well I'll bring it to Jailbreak.

Attachment 895968
Im on the Alpha team for jailbreak. Vince was my brother in law. Saw youre on delta.
Bci2nd is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-15-2018, 10:06 PM   #226
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
Anybody looking at this event?

https://www.goruck.com/event-13887/

1369 introduced me to the GORUCK thing with his write up about the Constellation event.
Yea, I am. Thereís a few of us kicking this around. I have to say Iím tempted.
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #227
flatlander
Ten Point
 
flatlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Llano
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1369 View Post
Yea, I am. Thereís a few of us kicking this around. I have to say Iím tempted.
I'm signed up, but don't have a team yet, and don't know many people in the GR community.

If y'all decide to do it, and could use a strong set of legs, let me know.
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #228
MasonCo.
Ten Point
 
MasonCo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brazoria Co
Hunt In: Brazoria Co, public land
Default

Well, I'm just starting don't gimme a hard time. 1st time wearing the pack, 15.8 pounds one mile. Looking to do this for a week the. Bump it up a mile


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MasonCo. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2018, 02:11 PM   #229
Chef
Ten Point
 
Chef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bardwell Tx
Hunt In: Hamilton County
Default

Had to take a break this week to help detemine if I have a hernia... Did 9.5 miles the first week with a 30# pack. If the rain holds off next week I should be able to get in at least 12 miles.
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #230
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

18 miles in the books this morning.

Name:  C0E334E3-D023-4421-9EB3-9D529F935DA1.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  0B0C13D7-CC09-45CC-B175-F31510A272D8.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  35.0 KB
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #231
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

6.13 in between the rain drops this morning.
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2018, 08:07 AM   #232
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonCo. View Post
Well, I'm just starting don't gimme a hard time. 1st time wearing the pack, 15.8 pounds one mile. Looking to do this for a week the. Bump it up a mile


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aint nobody on here gonna give you a hard time. You gotta start somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1369 View Post
6.13 in between the rain drops this morning.
2 more days till Jailbreak. Haven't received much info about the team thing. Going to lighten my freighter pack down to exactly 50# so I can ruck more weight if needed. This rush 12 isnt gonna let me get to 50 with room to spare.

Was targeting to hit 500 by end of month, but didnt ruck much last weekend, opted to chase critters with a bow instead.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2018, 10:33 AM   #233
El General
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

Great thread. I need something to make my walking into better exercise. I am going to start with a 20 lbs this weekend with my hunting pack. It is an ALPS Outdoors Pursuit.

http://www.alpsoutdoorz.com/products...-packs/pursuit
El General is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #234
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRabbit View Post
2 more days till Jailbreak. Haven't received much info about the team thing. Going to lighten my freighter pack down to exactly 50# so I can ruck more weight if needed. This rush 12 isnt gonna let me get to 50 with room to spare.
I did 16 miles weekend before last with my Jailbreak load to see how it felt. Went well, but when I weighed the ruck after I got home the combination of 30# steel plate, 20# (more like 23) sandbag, 3L water bladder and the ruck itself clocked in at 65#. If they're serious about having water stations every 2 miles, I may ditch the bladder.
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-22-2018, 12:13 PM   #235
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1369 View Post
I did 16 miles weekend before last with my Jailbreak load to see how it felt. Went well, but when I weighed the ruck after I got home the combination of 30# steel plate, 20# (more like 23) sandbag, 3L water bladder and the ruck itself clocked in at 65#. If they're serious about having water stations every 2 miles, I may ditch the bladder.
I am ditching water. In weather like this, I can go 4mi between drinks. Per 2 miles is a luxury.

My ruck will be a duffel strapped to a freighter pack anyways. If it were not a suppprted ruck event, I would have to plan differently.

I wish the target weight was 40... I'd be set... but they said 50... so I am going 50

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 04:53 AM   #236
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

The Major and I will see yíall out on the Jail Break course.

Name:  597B60BC-667C-4A7A-9F21-3C6C05925E6A.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  45.3 KB
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 04:57 AM   #237
MasonCo.
Ten Point
 
MasonCo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Brazoria Co
Hunt In: Brazoria Co, public land
Default

I have stayed with the 15 pounds walking 2-3 miles a day. I wanna get up to the consistent 5 mile walk average then will add some weight.
My wife wants me to get her a backpack now, she enjoys it also.

Having a 3 yr old and a 8 month makes it challenging to get in more than 2-3 miles a day. After that long with momma pushing them in the stroller they are ready to get out. !!
MasonCo. is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #238
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Right at 4 hours for the 13.1 miles and the ruck weighed in at 64#. Was even able to grab a shower before we take off for San Antonio. Swamp Rabbit was ahead of me but I didnít get a chance to see him at the finish.

Name:  A9B14269-A5C3-467D-A23C-73B1353BCE95.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  98.4 KB
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #239
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1369 View Post
Swamp Rabbit was ahead of me but I didnít get a chance to see him at the finish.
I was right at 3:45 for the course. I quickly dropped my 55# ruck, grabbed my 35# ruck, a chick-fil-a sandwich and a protien shake and reversed the course by about 1.5 miles. I saw you coming down the final 100yds but not sure if you recognized me. I finished for a second time at 4:40 with the final 2 fellas, one of whom turned out to be the brother-in-law of the officer whom the ruck was dedicated to. Total was 16 miles.

Glad I was finally able to shake hands with the rucking and hoolahoop posting, TBH legend



Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 05:45 PM   #240
Bci2nd
Six Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Howe
Default

That guy you finished with was Barry Eaves. Hes a McKinney PD SWAT sniper thats 50 years old and has had 7 knee surgeries. Hes my brother in law.

Hes married to my 2nd oldest sister and Vince was married to my 3rd oldest sister.

I appreciate you guys coming out.

1369, I spent most of the day trying to read that label on your bag. I was near you most of the route.
Bci2nd is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 08:09 PM   #241
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bci2nd View Post
That guy you finished with was Barry Eaves. Hes a McKinney PD SWAT sniper thats 50 years old and has had 7 knee surgeries. Hes my brother in law.

Hes married to my 2nd oldest sister and Vince was married to my 3rd oldest sister.

I appreciate you guys coming out.

1369, I spent most of the day trying to read that label on your bag. I was near you most of the route.
Shoulda said hey. The bib I carried was for my friend Kara. Her husband, Major Brett Niles, Airborne, Ranger, had his Demons get the best of him and took his own life last year. I asked Kara if she would let me and the Major train up for Bataan this year.

Also, one of my other teammates carried the name of the only Baytown police officer to be lost in the line of duty.

Quote:
From my cousin-n-law:

That is awesome Ken. I have driven up to many injured peace officers, but Bobby I could not save with CPR. His chest was crushed and each one of my breaths into him would just gurgle and his chest was fractured from the steering wheel impact. the rim of the steering wheel was bent forward about 8 inches towards the dash on the steering column. He had been hit head on by a van that crossed four lanes of traffic driven by a drug dealer on probation that had been taking pain killers and washing them down with a gallon of whiskey. Thank you for honoring my brother and friend. Some of the officers I worked with are still there. David Alford is an assistant chief and most the others are supervisors.
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 08:12 PM   #242
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Name:  A3F32640-24A1-4DC2-87AF-B3EB17B348C1.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  78.3 KB
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #243
Pedernal
Pope & Young
 
Pedernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Del Rio
Hunt In: Amistad
Default

Awesome job 1369!!!
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 08:24 PM   #244
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRabbit View Post
I was right at 3:45 for the course. I quickly dropped my 55# ruck, grabbed my 35# ruck, a chick-fil-a sandwich and a protien shake and reversed the course by about 1.5 miles. I saw you coming down the final 100yds but not sure if you recognized me. I finished for a second time at 4:40 with the final 2 fellas, one of whom turned out to be the brother-in-law of the officer whom the ruck was dedicated to. Total was 16 miles.

Glad I was finally able to shake hands with the rucking and hoolahoop posting, TBH legend



Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Heh, I donít know about legend stuff, but it was **** good to see you out there. Sorry about the finish, but I was kinda glad to be done.
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 09:42 PM   #245
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bci2nd View Post
That guy you finished with was Barry Eaves. Hes a McKinney PD SWAT sniper thats 50 years old and has had 7 knee surgeries. Hes my brother in law.

Hes married to my 2nd oldest sister and Vince was married to my 3rd oldest sister.

I appreciate you guys coming out.

1369, I spent most of the day trying to read that label on your bag. I was near you most of the route.
Yep, Barry and I chatted about our respective knee surgeries (he has 5 more than me.) It was a pleasure to walk with him and chat the last few miles. I know he was hurting, I knew he was going to finish though, so the best I could do was just be there.

Tell Barry one more time that I appreciate very much the work he and others do to keep us safe. And once again, my sincere condolences to your family.

God Bless,
Scott

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #246
Bci2nd
Six Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Howe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRabbit View Post
Yep, Barry and I chatted about our respective knee surgeries (he has 5 more than me.) It was a pleasure to walk with him and chat the last few miles. I know he was hurting, I knew he was going to finish though, so the best I could do was just be there.

Tell Barry one more time that I appreciate very much the work he and others do to keep us safe. And once again, my sincere condolences to your family.

God Bless,
Scott

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
We talked about it over dinner. Were in baytown for the night, driving back north tomorrow.
Bci2nd is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #247
flatlander
Ten Point
 
flatlander's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Llano
Default

I completed the GORUCK 'Remember the Alamo' Tough and Light this weekend. Started at 9PM Friday, finished about 8:30PM Saturday. A total of about 30 miles with some heavy heavy sandbags that we swapped as we walked. Two were in the 80-90# range.

#goodlivin
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #248
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I completed the GORUCK 'Remember the Alamo' Tough and Light this weekend. Started at 9PM Friday, finished about 8:30PM Saturday. A total of about 30 miles with some heavy heavy sandbags that we swapped as we walked. Two were in the 80-90# range.

#goodlivin
Nice job on the T/L! Was this your first GR event?
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-26-2018, 10:26 AM   #249
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young
 
SwampRabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Wherever
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I completed the GORUCK 'Remember the Alamo' Tough and Light this weekend. Started at 9PM Friday, finished about 8:30PM Saturday. A total of about 30 miles with some heavy heavy sandbags that we swapped as we walked. Two were in the 80-90# range.

#goodlivin
How does that work with the tough AND light... did you finish the light and then go straight into the tough or other way around?

30 miles is impressive!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SwampRabbit is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-26-2018, 10:30 AM   #250
1369
Pope & Young
 
1369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampRabbit View Post
How does that work with the tough AND light... did you finish the light and then go straight into the tough or other way around?

30 miles is impressive!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Tough first and then the light.
1369 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com