Yildiz shotguns are junk!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yildiz shotguns are junk!!!!

My brother in law purchased a new yildiz shotgun from academy because he liked the way my beretta 687 silver pigeon III and his dads winchester 101 shot (he pretty much just wanted to have an over and under but being a senior at TAMU was on a budget). I told him from the get go you get what you pay for. About two weeks into shooting clays he was pretty good at busting them but the top ejector started to stick. No mater what he tried it would only work about half the time. We would give him a hard time about his yildiz junk but he was prideful and persistent. Yesterday while wearing the white wings out all hell about broke loose. He said a bird came over and on his first shot he didn't notice anything but on his second shot the gun literally came apart. His forearm has some powder burn but that's about it, thankfully it didn't shoot his hand off or the powder burn didn't blind him!!! Needless to say he's done with the cheep yildiz junk! He contacted Academy and they said that all firearm sales are final. He will have to have a ffl licensed person send it back. What poor product and now customer service! Watch out for all of you that own these pieces of junk, as we are very thankful that this didn't end up much worse than it did.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378639267.780801.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	24985461

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378639282.563345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	24985462

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378639295.596543.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	24985463

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378639307.896617.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	24985464

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378639332.613516.jpg
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	24985465
    Last edited by MASTERS; 09-08-2013, 05:48 AM.

Glad he is okay. That could've been real bad. Hopefully the firearms manufacturer will make it right by him.

Comment

Wow! Glad it wasnt worse! But, on the flip side, thats the first time I've heard a bad thing about em.

Comment

Glad he was not hurt.

There was a thread the other day on how good these were.

You do not need a FFL to ship a firearm back to the factory for repair work

Comment

Wow. That could have been real bad. Let us know what Yildiz does about it.

Comment

I have the same gun and it is awesome

Sorry about the bad luck with that one

Comment

Wow, I wonder what caused it to break.

Comment

We don't know. He was shooting Winchester AA's through it from the get go

Comment

No ffl needed to send it back, just ups. And I to will be curious as to how they handle this. I bet they replace it at no charge as I have not heard one bad thing about them.....well till now.

Comment

That's what an Academy representative told him. He said he was going to take it to David at Durys gun shop. So we'll see.....

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                      Wow, I wonder what caused it to break.
                      Barrels are sweated/soldered to the block. Probably not cleaned properly before they went through the joining process.

Comment

Briley in Houston is the authorized repair center for Yildez.

I'm thinking he had something plugging his barrel.

Comment

Maybe a wad was stuck in the barrell?

Comment

He needs to call Yildiz Monday morning and be very stern with them.

Comment

i think he had a wad stuck in the barrel. Briley does are the warranty work on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X