Wasps in my fiberglass blind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasps in my fiberglass blind.

I’ve got a fiberglass bling in a pine forest that’s gettin wasps or hornets inside it. They’re red with black wings. The door isn’t the tight RV type so there’s a gap at the bottom and handle side. They aren’t building nests like yellow jackets and I haven’t been hit yet. It’s getting old having to spray almost every time I come to the lease. I just know my wife will freak plumb the-hell out if one flies near her or land on her. Is there anything I can leave inside the blind to deter them? I’d like to try a deterrent before getting some type of weatherstrip. I hate drilling holes in fiberglass.

Maybe add foam insulation on the door where the gaps are? The adhesive type...

Comment

sky blue paint

Try painting the interior roof sky blue, if you have windows that allow the sun to shine in. This fools the wasps into thinking they are not covered from weather.

Comment

Just get stick on window seal tape and try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I solved a similar problem with weatherstripping around the door base of my blind or any area there's a hole. There are all kinds of different widths and lengths at Home Depot and its not expensive. Just figured out what you need size wise and close up your existing holes.

Comment

Just use a Shell No Pest strip. They don’t like those. The cattle ear tags designed to keep flies off cattle work also but you might want to put two of them in a blind.

Comment

Hot Shot Pest Strip and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Comment

Pest strip works great. Just takes a small piece of it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Window seal tape.

I put medicated ear tags for cattle in my fiberglass blinds. I am not saying it will help with wasps, but I haven't had a bug issue at all (spiders, wasps, ants, etc.). My blinds have been out for 3-4 years.

Comment

I second the no pest strips. problem is you end up with a ton of dead bugs on the floor of your blind if you don't seal it up properly.

Comment

Seal em out first.....bug strip later for the Houdini bugs..

Comment

I’ve said it multiple times on multiple threads but we use the insecticide dipped cattle ear tags. We put them in all blinds every year during the summer and have not had a single insect of any kind in the last 5 years. I think they are about $25 for a pack of 10 of them. I will never use anything else. I just zip tie them to a chair in the blind.

Comment

I have used a small baby jar with moth balls inside. Punch some air holes in the lid for ventilation. Mount this out side the blind. They will not return.

Comment

No pest strip.

Comment

Working...
                            X