Archery Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archery Elk

How about a thread for everyone coming up to the mountains to hunt elk, any state, public land only hunts.
    Guided, outfitted , drop camps, DIY - all are welcome.

We're heading up this weekend and next to set camp for Sept 1 opener, spouse has a great LQ archery only tag about an hour from home. I have a cow tag that opens Sept 15 for the area.
    We have a 1 acre lot inside the NF in a section of private lots. Makes for easy camping and safety for our stuff. Lots of nice cabins around ours but we'll be wall tenting it for the month off and on.
    Hoping the influx of extra campers this summer didn't booger up the elk hunting for the spouse.
    This was camp in same area in 2018.
    Attached Files

Awesome, buddy and I are headed out next week to scout the Gila in New Mexico.

Comment

I leave at 0200 on Sept 8. Solo for 2 days, then a buddy and his kid join for the experience/maybe help pack out meat for 4 days then if I'm still not tagged out I have 2 more days solo. If need be I'll stay a couple more but beyond 10 days total my wife may murder me upon return.
      Really planning on covering lots of ground in those first 3 days before ML opens. probably just sleep in the truck until the cavalry arrives then I'll set up a tent. Definitely moer luxurious than our full backpack trip in '18 by staying at the truck this time, but not yet outfitted with a nice canvas tent/stove etc.

Comment

me and my wife are headed to New Mexico 21b on 8-13 for 10 days to chase public land elk back pack our way in about 2 miles to camp

Comment

We have a group headed to Idaho September 10 for 10 days. I’m hunting diamond creek with a friend and our others friends will be across the road in Tex creek

Comment

We are going Sept 3/4th to CO, hunting the Grand Mesa, would take any input or advice. I appreciate the guys who have already pointed us in the right direction.

Comment

Sept 11-20th in Southwest Colorado
              First time elk hunter and I can't wait!

Comment

Heading to Colorado the first week in September. Plan to spend most of archery season up there.

Comment

Leaving August 30 for Colorado.. I have 18 days to get it donw.. I'll be in unit 44 or 444 Solo. Plan is to spike a couple days and move if I'm not on elk.. Good luck to everyone..

Comment

Headed to the very popular unit 62 in CO. 5 of us from sept. 9th-20th. I have muzzleloader tags and the other 4 will be archery hunting.

Comment

Headed to NW Montana Sept 12. Hunting public and private DIY archery elk/mulies with some friends from there. Looking to spend about 3 weeks up there. Will also be rifle hunting bear for a few days

Comment

Headed up to Colorado with my brother for the opener. Hunting southwest

Comment

Headed up to Grand Mesa, Sept 9-20.
                          Buddy is driving in from Iowa.
                          It will be his first Bow Hunt ever, and first Elk hunt ever.
                          Should be a hoot

Comment

Heading to New Mexico 2 weeks from today. Have a first season archery tag and will be hunting the 7th-14th.

Comment

Sweet folks, good luck to all.
                              Fires are going to wreak havoc on some plans so be flexible.

Comment

Working...
                              X