No announcement yet.

Homeowners Insurance ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had Amica since living in Texas(15 years) Wouldn't go with anyone else.

Comment

Germania.

Comment

Germania

Comment

Hays & Hagan Insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
            They had ours valued at way more than necessary. I called them to inquire and they came down about 15%. Even more aggravating than the overvalue, they value the contents at 50% of the dwelling and they won't budge on that. Is this standard? Anyone know if Farm Bureau does the same?
            You cant believe how close that 50% is to what.your going to need if you have a total loss. Actually might not be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
              There are several good companies out there. I'm a Farm Bureau Agent. We were rated #1 JD Power and Assoc. Rates are really going to depend on where you live, accident history, etc...

If you have any questions you can email me at jphillips1@txfb-ins.com
              Virtually everything I own is insured by Farm Bureau now, including my life. I had been with Farmer's for 20 years prior and I have much better coverage for less money @ FB.

Comment

insurance

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                I have been informed that since there are trees within 100 feet of my house that Nationwide is no longer on my side. We were disinvited to the party so I'm in search of new homeowners/vehicle insurance. Any suggestions ? Who to avoid ?

Thanks !
                Call Holly at perfect policy in Mont Belvieu. She is a really good agent and can probably save you some money anyways.

Comment

If you're not changing your Homeowners Ins. every couple years, you're throwing money away. Every insurance carrier makes rate adjustments to compensate for loss ratios depending on area. Farm Bureau was great for a while and now we are with homeowners insurance of America, which saved us $2,000 a year for better coverage than what we had was Farm Bureau. I'm sure we will eventually be back with Farm Bureau when their rates are better. Bottom line is shop your insurance and do your homework to make sure the carrier and their re-insurer is sound and reputable.

Comment

I have Farmers and have not had any issues with them... I also have not had a claim soo that could be the reason as well....

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      You cant believe how close that 50% is to what.your going to need if you have a total loss. Actually might not be enough.
                      Maybe if you live in a 150k house. My personal belongings and furniture, etc is probably 10% of the value of my dwelling.

Comment

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
                        I switched to Liberty mutual last year, Saved a bunch
                        Not for long!!

Comment

Farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by junkmanhunter View Post
                            I just went with Farm Bureau on my shop with living quarters. They let me tell them what I wanted contents insured for. My agent seems like he really wanted to work with me and make sure i was properly insured, not too little or too much either.

I have had Allstate for 20+ yrs on my home and autos. The claim I filed on last hail storm 2 yrs ago was a disaster, I am still fighting with them over a couple of issues. It gas gotten so bad, I wrote a letter to the Texas state insurance board complaining about my agent. Once I get my house sold in about 30 days, Allstate won't ever see another penny of my money.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                            Thanks for the info on Farm Bureau, will give them a call.

I hear you but I've added it up and it's more than double in our case.

Comment

Really? Lets say I have a $300,000 house policy and mandated content coverage for $150,000. Then have a total loss. They will cut me a check for $450,000 no questions asked?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                Really? Lets say I have a $300,000 house policy and mandated content coverage for $150,000. Then have a total loss. They will cut me a check for $450,000 no questions asked?
                                Pretty much

You do have to list a ton of stuff and that's when people realize that 150k is just about right....or short

Also, to help with that list you should take lots of pictures. That 150 pays for all clothes, furnature, silverware, dishes, pretty much everything down to your dirty underware
                                Last edited by flywise; 06-27-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X