This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Brandon Jones needs his *** run till he pukes..and then run some more until he pukes again for taking 5 years off my life.. **** me...

**** son that was a freshman move by a Senior Captain.
    Great win for the Horns over a pesky opponent.

Special teams coach needs to be running and puking right alongside him. 2 muffed punts that lead to 14 points and then the onside kick with 6 guys on 1 side and 2 on the other including a stone handed #57. Hmmmm, where they going to kick it. Kick it to stone hands and watch him dive for it and miss it completely. Luckily the 4 guys for OSU were fighting for the ball and it somehow popped out and Texas gets it.

Herman needs sit in the corner with the dunce hat on until he gets a clue why its stupid to back off in the 4th quarter and try to run the clock out instead of staying aggressive.

Hopefully Texas gets healed up and gets everyone back before the OU game.

Hook Em.

Comment

I turned the wazzou game off when they went up 49-17 (I think) and apparently missed a wild finish. I didn’t think the bruins had a chance at all and it was likely the game of the weekend.

Comment

Divinty, Marshall, and Jefferson could all miss several weeks... plus the added injuries already to many LSU defenders is not a good feeling going into the weeks to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

UT vs Ok St, good teams find ways to win even when their not playing their best. I'll give that to the horns last night. O looked great, Sam is the man, Ingram had a self-defining game and the O'line dominated. D-line played lights out! Secondary was atrocious in the first half but played much better in the 2nd despite several injuries. Special teams, Pffftt, that was horrible.

As far as Herman, the no FG kicking thing has bothered me from the get go, especially in the first half. I'm not saying never go for it on 4th, but jeez, sometimes it just makes sense to take 3 pnts. What REALLY bothers me about Herman are these clock-draining 3 and outs he likes to run once we're up by 2 td's. I mean, if you want to do that, wait till we're up 21 pnts or more. We squandered 2 off. possessions when we could have gone up at least another score. We were a bobbled onside kick away from losing last night, all because of that silly 4th qrter game plan. It's also how we let OU back in the game last year. If he doesn't change this, we will lose many more close games that shouldn't have been close.
          Last edited by Birddog66; 09-22-2019, 07:46 AM.

Comment

That’s a good take. Texas didn’t play well and made some stupid plays by coaches and players. The difference I saw was the fight (culture) that’s been missing.

Texas hasn’t been good enough to win a game when they played an off game and they did that last night and it was against OSU. The struggles vs Gundy are well documented and for Texas to walk away with a win, making the mistakes they did, I’m a happy Longhorn this morning.

This bye week comes at a great time with Texas banged up as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
              UT vs Ok St, good teams find ways to win even when their not playing their best. I'll give that to the horns last night. O looked great, Sam is the man, Ingram had a self-defining game and the O'line dominated. D-line played lights out! Secondary was atrocious in the first half but played much better in the 2nd despite several injuries. Special teams, Pffftt, that was horrible.

As far as Herman, the no FG kicking thing has bothered me from the get go, especially in the first half. I'm not saying never go for it on 4th, but jeez, sometimes it just makes sense to take 3 pnts. What REALLY bothers me about Herman are these clock-draining 3 and outs he likes to run once we're up by 2 td's. I mean, if you want to do that, wait till we're up 21 pnts or more. We squandered 2 off. possessions when we could have gone up at least another score. We were a bobbled onside kick away from losing last night, all because of that silly 4th qrter game plan. It's also how we let OU back in the game last year. If he doesn't change this, we will lose many more close games that shouldn't have been close.
              I thought Ingram looked healthy for the first time last night. I saw some of the lateral quickness that made him standout last year. Maybe with the extra week off a few others can get healthy.

Comment

The defense played great in the second half. I liked it alot. Lol. They only gave up 10. Could have been 3 without the muffed punt by a senior leader.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-22-2019, 08:04 AM.

Comment

How bout them Mustangs? 4-0. Top 25?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    How bout them Mustangs? 4-0. Top 25?

I think they will be in the top 25.

May have sealed Cumbie's fate. GP threw him under the bus after the game. They have had a rift going it seems for the last couple of years.....

Comment

College Football 2019 - Week 4

Somebody check on 243WSM? Hopefully he didn’t have a fridge full of WhiteClaws/Zima for after the game.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

May have sealed Cumbie's fate. GP threw him under the bus after the game. They have had a rift going it seems for the last couple of years.....
                        Yooo hoooo? I don’t see your new avatar!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          And yes I took Auburn with 1 point[emoji2958][emoji90][emoji1782]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          I took Auburn myself. Had a solid week with 50pts. Prolly get 15pts next week lol

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            Yooo hoooo? I don’t see your new avatar!!
                            You are second in line. I'm waiting on our resident Pony to 'brand' me. I'll sport his for a week, then yours the following week(unless he would rather do it the other way). Either way, I should have one up by the end of the day

Comment

I don’t think we jump into top 25 yet. I can hope, as any and all recognition we can get can only help. It’s a sad deal when the kids I teach today have never even heard of SMU. Sonny has em going in the right direction and as I said previously, they do not remotely resemble any of the teams of the post DP years. Much more physical group than I’ve seen since the ‘80’s.

Comment

You are second in line. I'm waiting on our resident Pony to 'brand' me. I'll sport his for a week, then yours the following week(unless he would rather do it the other way). Either way, I should have one up by the end of the day
                                Go ahead and begin your sentence with RLB. I’ll get you the next week!

Comment

Working...
                                X