Let’s Talk Gaiters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s Talk Gaiters

For those that use them, what brand and why. We just got back from Colorado. I have a pair of Core4Element gaiters. They work well for keeping your feet and lower legs dry from the heavy dew that was a daily occurrence, but the don’t breathe. I’m looking for a pair that are waterproof and breathable.

Thanks,
    Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the kuiu ones and they are awesome.

Comment

Waterproof and breathable doesn't exist.
      Just marketing hype.
      If it's waterproof, it's not go to evaporate moisture/breathe fast enough or good enough to ever matter a lick, if you're doing much more than sitting. Even then it can't always keep up.

Comment

On the Kuiu ones, do they keep most of the moisture out? Do your lower legs sweat in them?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’re going to sweat in any of them even if they’re not water proof. I have some made with EVent that are the best combo for sweat and water proof but they’re shorter than the others. RAB is the brand. I’m 6’2” so the height annoys me but they still worked **** good on my sheep hunt

Comment

Buy these. I wore these on a CO hunt and a buddy wore Kuiu. His feed were soaked, mine stayed bone dry. They are not light, but they are bulletproof.

Camofire brings you a new lineup of deals on hunting gear, camo and clothes everyday! Our hunting deals are typically 40-70% off retail.

Comment

Outdoor research - crocodile gaiters.

Most companies compare their gaiters to these. The first sign, they are the best. (Industry standard)

My family and I wear ours in the summer with shorts while hiking around thorns. Your legs sweat a little, but no more then wearing thick pants. Plus you can rip off the gaiters as soon as your out of thorn country.

Most reviews are people from up north, using them for snow protection. So I was skeptical to how hot they were going to be.

definitely water proof.
              Last edited by JoseyWales82; 09-20-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoseyWales82 View Post
                Outdoor research - crocodile gaiters.

This, I’ve had them for 4 years and wear them every applicable trip

Comment

I’ve owned

Kuiu
                  mountain hardware expedition xt (my favorite but they no longer make them)
                  OR crocs
                  kennetrek

Kuiu are my second favorite second to my retired MH exped XT ones. Kuiu is not as durable as MH but I get about 1.5 - 2 years out of a set

I didnt like the OR crocs some hold so high, to loud. Kenetrek fell apart about mile 50

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    Waterproof and breathable doesn't exist.
                    Just marketing hype.
                    If it's waterproof, it's not go to evaporate moisture/breathe fast enough or good enough to ever matter a lick, if you're doing much more than sitting. Even then it can't always keep up.
                    It exists just not to the beathability standards we want. I’ll take gaiters over none, that’s coming from a guy that wears leather lined non membrane boots. You have sock, pant then gaiter, small amount of perspiration vs total wet out from the knee to toe, is a small price to pay IMO

Comment

I use these for snakes.

Sprayed the outsides with permethrin and it helps keep ticks off too.

Comment

I use Kennetrek and really like them. They have worked very well for me.

Comment

I have the Kuiu Yukons and they have been awesome, ive heard good stuff about the OR and Sitka ones as well

Comment

I have the Kuiu ones and have been happy.

Comment

i use the kuiu yukons as well

Comment

Working...
                              X