Hang on tree stands not a one man job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i started hangin a couple stands yesterday. Easier said than done especially alone with an extension ladder. Got one up yesterday it started rainin. Today started on the other got the climbing sticks set and then tried to figure out how to get the stand 20 feet up the hickory tree. 50ft of 550 cord and the Tacoma did the trick.
    Attached Files

Sorry dont know how to make these things upright.

Comment

Nope, looks like one man and one truck job. That's the way to use the ole noggin.

Comment

Why would you put it on a tree that's sideways?

Comment

Smarter than me!

Comment

Pretty good lick there. Might look into a lineman's belt for all that though. Sure makes it easy to be up 20' and be able to use both hands. Wont be able to get that Taco everywhere. With my lineman's belt, I can strap a 20' stick ladder to a tree, strap my lock on to a tree, and then attach my safety strap and screw in my bow hanger in about 15 minutes. Once I start at the bottom with my stick ladder, my feet don't touch the ground again until Im done.

Comment

How old a man are you? Not trying to be funny but I'm almost 59 and can hang a Gametamer lockon in a tree by myself. And Gametamers are a larger lockon and not light.
              I'll start my first section of my Rapid Rails from the ground then with a safety harness and the linemans belt I'll climb and hang each section pulling them up with a rope. Then again with a rope, pull the stand up and hang it. One thing that helps is a lag bolt screwed in to hang the stand on and then I'll chain and strap it. Easy peasy
              I'll never do it without the full body harness and a linemans belt though as it allows me to have both hands free.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                How old a man are you? Not trying to be funny but I'm almost 59 and can hang a Gametamer lockon in a tree by myself. And Gametamers are a larger lockon and not light.

I'll start my first section of my Rapid Rails from the ground then with a safety harness and the linemans belt I'll climb and hang each section pulling them up with a rope. Then again with a rope, pull the stand up and hang it. One thing that helps is a lag bolt screwed in to hang the stand on and then I'll chain and strap it. Easy peasy

I'll never do it without the full body harness and a linemans belt though as it allows me to have both hands free.

But Mike you're a freak of nature, plus the bionic back doesn't hurt.

Comment

They take some practice. First you need to wear a harness while hanging - it makes the process easier and safer. Second throw a rope over a limb above the place where you want to hang the stand, pull it up to that spot and tie off your rope. Now climb up with your harness on and you'll have two free hands to work with. You'll get faster every time you hang one. If there isn't a limb to throw a rope over, you can put a t screw or a climbing step in the tree and hang the stand on that to help relieve some of the weight. Big trees are the most difficult to work with.

Comment

Sold all my hang on equipment yesterday. There way easier ways to hunt that are just as effective.

Comment

Two words!!!
                      Aluminum and pulley!!!
                      My stands weigh 11lbs. Then I have a pulley system that lets you pull the stand up and then locks in place. Strap it to the tree, fold it out and Wa-La, ready to hunt. Takes me about 30 minutes to hang a stand and that includes the climbing sticks!!!

Comment

Not trying to act like anyone's Mom, but last year on opening morning my neighbor sat down in his tree stand, heard a snap and fell 20 feet. Broke his back, and after an emergency surgery was very lucky to not be parylized. Before anybody starts preaching, he did check his stand the week before, but he thinks a squirrel might have chewed on the strap causing it to break.

Comment

Its an art form for sure. Once you do about 1,000 it will get much faster. I don't like the climbing sticks. Solid thick steel EZ screw in steps.
                          be safe.

Comment

Gotta have a harness and a linemens belt.

Comment

Originally posted by MesquiteBean View Post
                              Not trying to act like anyone's Mom, but last year on opening morning my neighbor sat down in his tree stand, heard a snap and fell 20 feet. Broke his back, and after an emergency surgery was very lucky to not be parylized. Before anybody starts preaching, he did check his stand the week before, but he thinks a squirrel might have chewed on the strap causing it to break.
                              Great reminder actually!!!
                              I use the chain and then add TWO straps.......but i am a safety freak when it comes to heights.

Comment

Working...
                              X