King Tut in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Tut in Dallas

Just got home from the King Tut exhibit here in Dallas.
    No photography allowed inside the exhibit but I think the $100 book for sale at the end of it would probably have been worth it.
    The first 1/3 of the exhibit was a little boring but then the King Tut stuff finished strong. I guess it's considered a partial exhibit from earlier ones but the craftsmanship in the carvings and gold work took my breath away.
    They're into their last couple of weeks now and if you can make it, GO!
    Seeing his knife was worth the entire trip.
    I kept wondering if those artists 3,200 years ago used reading glasses or another form of magnification because the work is so intricate.
    I suggest a week day if you can manage it.
    A guy can google all of that stuff but seeing is believing, it's fantastic. Do the audio tour it's well worth it.

It's over May17th.

Comment

I thought you were going to have pics, and I was going to mad that they wouldn't let me take pics when I went a month or so ago.

That knife was WAY cool.

Comment

Saw it all in London last year, but can't wait to go back!!

The traveling exhibit is really incredible -- I just keep thinking about the packing and shipping and the security around all that 24K gold.

It's mind-boggling to consider the logistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          I thought you were going to have pics, and I was going to mad that they wouldn't let me take pics when I went a month or so ago.

That knife was WAY cool.
          Pics would have been neat but from all of the people touching the glass would have meant cleaning it first.
          My Son said "they don't make stuff like they used to" which is oversimplified but absolutely true.
          I heard from a friend in Atlanta and I gather the Dallas exhibit may be a little better than the one going on there.
          But yes, the knife was incredible.

Comment

My wife took her class to it last week and she said it was awesome.

Comment

Awesome!When me and my mom,and coison's ,aunt were going to go tat morn arter brekfeast my mom feel down the RANDK steeps and brook her foot pretty bad,so that ended that trip

Comment

Working...
              X