Starter Studio Lighting????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter Studio Lighting????????

Would this set up allow me to take good pictures of products with a solid background? If not what do I need to look for?

Studio Lighting

Check Wolf camera. I think they're going belly up.
    My Son got a $500 kit for $150.

Comment

Will if you're going to do product you can do it for less than that. Gerald recommended the book Minimalist Lighting by a guy there in Austin and it has good info on product lighting. You might check it out.

Comment

I will check it out Bill.......

Comment

I have the book he is referring to and it is called, "Minimalist Lighting - Professional Techniques for Location Photography", by Kirk Tuck. The essence of the book is to minimize the tons and tons of lights and related equipment professional photographers lug around with them to do photo shoots.
          He is a Nikon shooter so he uses strobes such as the SB600, SB800, SB900 etc. In a nutshell, all the lighting equipment he needs can fit into one photo backpack. It is a very interesting book but one needs to know something about lighting I to get the most out of it because although there are some case studies at the back of the book, it is not a step by step instruction guide. I think Kirk assumes the reader has some background in using lighting off camera.
          It is a good read and I would definitely recommend it.

Comment

Scott I have the one that is the Studio version, but I'm planning to read the Location version next. In the Studio version Kirk shows a shot of an orange on blue paper with the use of a single shop lite that he found for $12.95 and shear material to diffuse the light and a white reflector. Pretty cool.
            Last edited by Bill M; 04-21-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

One book was enough to have to read, now I have two to read............may have to close this thread down before someone else recommends another book .........thanks for all the info guys......

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                one book was enough to have to read, now i have two to read............may have to close this thread down before someone else recommends another book .........thanks for all the info guys......
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                  Scott I have the one that is the Studio version, but I'm planning to read the Location version next. In the Studio version Kirk shows a shot of an orange on blue paper with the use of a single shop lite that he found for $12.95 and shear material to diffuse the light and a white reflector. Pretty cool.
                  Bill - I was not aware there was a studio version of this book. It is pretty amazing what results he gets from just using camera flashes.

Comment

Working...
                  X