X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for the info!!

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      I have cooked several briskets and can tell you that you aren’t looking or a certain temperature to pull it at. I have pulled them at when they probe tender at 195, and have had briskets get all the way up to 208 before they probe tender. The key is to probe the thicket part of the brisket, and when the probe slides in like butter, your brisket is DONE.
      Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I have been "practicing" brisket every weekend. This is the part I have the most trouble with. Are you probing the thickest part of the brisket meaning through the flat and point together? I have tried temps from 195-215 and I can never get the flat to feel like melted butter. The point is tender and where the flat meets the point is pretty tender but the end of the flat will never get super tender. Thanks for the tips

Comment

Too much to read now. But marked for later.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I have been "practicing" brisket every weekend. This is the part I have the most trouble with. Are you probing the thickest part of the brisket meaning through the flat and point together? I have tried temps from 195-215 and I can never get the flat to feel like melted butter. The point is tender and where the flat meets the point is pretty tender but the end of the flat will never get super tender. Thanks for the tips
          I generally check the thickest part of the flat as well as the point and through the point to the flat beneath it. If you feel like your point is done and the flat under it isn't, go ahead and remove the point from the flat, wrap them separately and continue cooking until you probe tender.

Comment

Thanks for the write up. Im still trying to perfect the brisket myself.

Comment

Good info

Comment

Good stuff. I love cooking briskets. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I have this write up in Microsoft Word format as well. If anybody wants it just give me your email address and I can send it to you.

Comment

Going to try this method. Thanks for sharing

Comment

very cool thread. And its interesting understanding the mechanics behind what we all like to do.

Todd

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write this up! Good tips.

I hope to throw down on a reverse flow one of these days.

This made me hungry! I need to go find a nice prime point to throw on the pit!

Comment

Good write up! It doesn't get any easier than this.

Comment

where are you probing for your IT to know when its at 170 and time to wrap?

Comment

Thanks for the tips...I learned a few things!

Comment

Heck yeah! Makes me wanna give it a try this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X