My ongoing cancer fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ongoing cancer fight

If you have read my previous illness threads, you know I had back surgery last October to remove a tumor and 1 vertebrae. After that, around Christmas we began 5 radiation surgery sessions. My pain level after surgery was falling off, and in the middle of the radiation therapy, it began ratcheting up. I am into a pretty good dose of fentanyl at this point, and still having to take pills some also. Scans last month showed the vertebrae above and below the one they removed, both had progressing tumors. The neurosurgeon said he couldn't do any more and referred me to another neuro. Well at this point I am getting pretty low, feeling like not much else could be done. And we all know what that means. I saw the new neuro today, and after reviewing the imaging he says it is a tough surgery, but it is very doable. He is going to remove what's left of the one below, and remove the one above, for a total of 3 vertebrae, and brace it all up. Two surgeons, one vascular to get him to the area from the right side, and the neuro will handle the bones and bracing. That means I will be missing my T6, T7, and T8 vertebrae. They are going in before n the surgery with an angio scope to shut down the blood vessels feeding the tumor area. I know it sounds silly but it sure was a relief to be told today that a surgery can be performed. Also we have ongoing infusions that I believe have kept it from moving into organs or nervous system.

I would like to thank everyone here for the support and prayers in my now 3 year battle with cancer. I wouldn't have been able to carry on without the support from my family and friends.

more prayers sent...

Comment

Keep fighting!

Comment

Prayers up!

Comment

Prayers up Pard

Comment

Praying for you and your family.

Comment

You got this!!!

Comment

If there's a will there's a way! You got this brother!

Comment

Praying for you sir. Keep up the fight.

Comment

kick its ***!

Comment

Praying for ya. Keep fighting!

Comment

Wow!!! You are one tough hombre. I don't envy your position, but I DO envy your toughness and tenacity. Keep fighting the good fight and hope you beat this thing in the end. Cancer Sucks.

Comment

I’m praying for you!!!

Comment

Part of the battle is finding the Doc who wants to KCA! Sounds you've got the right one now. Continued prayers.

Comment

I’m always impressed by the positive spirit of people fighting cancer. My prayers are with you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                              X