New riser arrived and it's rough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New riser arrived and it's rough.

Ordered another Samick riser last week and it got here today and it's different than the first one I bought. It isn't stained or clear coated, the side where the strike plate goes has been cut out in a shallow radius and it's rather rough looking and feeling. Not that big of a deal since I'm sanding it and staining it black anyway but jeez is it rough. There is also a coin set in the wood that says Samick Classic Since 1975. If this is the new classic riser they are charging way too much for it everywhere else. I got this one on Amazon for $60 thinking it was just an original old-stock. I'll probably pull the coin out and enlarge the hole to take a Texas edition quarter or $5 gold coin just for something different to go in there.

Richard.

I don't understand.

Why aren't there pics?
    Last edited by SwampRabbit; 10-18-2016, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      I don't understand.

Why aren't there pics?
      Sorry brother, I failed to upload them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Classic Sage 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	24466623
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Calssic Sage 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	24466622

Although you can't really see it when running my hand over the new riser I can feel the little burs and splinters.

Richard.

Comment

Almost looks like they forgot to finish it! [emoji17][emoji15][emoji15]

Bisch

Comment

I'm sure at that price point they are pretty much mass produced and their quality control is somewhat lacking.
          This way you won't feel so bad if you ding it up.

Comment

Well since you were going to reshape it... they saved you a step.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that they can sell those risers at that price. Not a bad looking bow at all!

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                I find it hard to believe that they can sell those risers at that price. Not a bad looking bow at all!
                By the looks in comparing the two risers and the OP's description, they may be factory seconds and the reason they sell them at that price.

Comment

FWIW I bought my daughter a Samick Sage two years ago and the riser looks just like your new one. I just figured it was a satin finish.

Comment

Everyone I've gotten was like your new one. They are all finished with a spray satin finish. It isn't much to it, but there finishes main purpose is a moisture barrier IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X