My next knife under construction. .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next knife under construction. .

This one is 1084 with black paper micarta and stabilized texas crotch maple.

tell me what you think?

Kevin, I've noticed that almost all of your knives have a point that comes to about a 90º angle. I'm not a big fan of that. I like pointier knives. But other than that, I think all of your knives look great. And I'll bet that maple is going to look awesome once you put a finish on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
      Kevin, I've noticed that almost all of your knives have a point that comes to about a 90º angle. I'm not a big fan of that. I like pointier knives. But other than that, I think all of your knives look great. And I'll bet that maple is going to look awesome once you put a finish on it.
      this is the shape the customer wanted.

Comment

I like that you put the choil in during the shaping of the knife. I have been hesitant of doing it myself as I was afraid that it might mess up the plunge and hand sanding. Do you usually put your choil in during the blade shaping? I have not put a choil on my designs up to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot Patrol View Post
          I like that you put the choil in during the shaping of the knife. I have been hesitant of doing it myself as I was afraid that it might mess up the plunge and hand sanding. Do you usually put your choil in during the blade shaping? I have not put a choil on my designs up to this point.
          I've done 3 with this shape and it not a problem when it comes to sanding, I do most of my sanding on the grinder. I'll hit it with 600 and the buff it after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
            this is the shape the customer wanted.
            I can't argue with that. :-)

Comment

Working...
            X