Venison Fajitas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Venison Fajitas?

Anyone have a good recipe for Venison fajita's?

We usually soak overnight in lime juice,onions, and a little fajita seasoning and then grill them hot and fast. Always seem to be missing something to me though.

We just had some last week that were really good. I put some Tony's on them and some "smoked" Tabasco on it before I sealed & froze it. When it thawed out, I added a little bit of onion salt, then tossed it on the grill. I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

skooter

Comment

Hudson's Deer Processing in Austin on South Congress. They marinate a deer in a fine fashion.

Other than that, we've always found the fresh lime juice and garlic recipe to suffice.

Comment

Hudson's fajitas are great. If you must marinate your own, add a little Dale's steak seasoning to your lime juice, garlic and onions, it will put them over the top! Dale's is pretty salty so be careful with it.

Comment

I use tenderized round steaks (hind quarter) place them in a zip lock bag. Marinade w/ Goya Mojo chipoltle (on the mexican/ internation isle at the grocery store) for about an hour. Season w/ garlic powder and lemon pepper seasoning. Grill over hot mesquite or oak coals. DO NOT OVER COOK!! Serve w/ homemade tortillas, sour cream, pico de gallo, cilantro and a cold Dos Eques. (as Rob would say) SON!!

Comment

I use Claudes fajita seasoning, marinate for a few hours and grill over a really hot fire. They cook fast so keep a close eye on them.

Comment

Before you put any seasoning on the meat, marinate in Allegro. It will be in the same area as the bbq sauce, and other marinades. It comes in a lot of flavors, I like the hickory. Marinate the meat for a couple of hours, season it and then grill hot and fast.....dont overcook it. slice and prepare to eat yourself miserable.

Comment

Working...
              X