Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elephant ears! The plant, not Chew's lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elephant ears! The plant, not Chew's lease.

How can I get rid of this spawn of the devil! My wife wanted one 20 years ago when we had a trailer house. No the trailer is gone and this stuff is enveloping our house! I can mow it or spray it but it keeps coming back worse than before.
    HELP!

Dig it up.

Comment

Only option is to move!

Comment

You have to get the bulbs out of the ground. Just like a Century Plant, you have to kill the roots. I am still finding sprouts of the century plant I dug up two years ago..

Comment

Wish you where closer I’d come and get them

Comment

I bet it you over fertilize the area they would die..

Comment

I'd try Racoon Chow soaked in Golden Malrin. I heard that stuff is like armageden on all things living! Outside of that, pull up the bulbs. Up here in the "north", we can kill them with wet soil and a hard freeze! freezing them turns the bulbs to mush.

cricman

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Just dig the bulb up.

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
                    I'd try Racoon Chow soaked in Golden Malrin. I heard that stuff is like armageden on all things living! Outside of that, pull up the bulbs. Up here in the "north", we can kill them with wet soil and a hard freeze! freezing them turns the bulbs to mush.

cricman
                    Sounds deadly to all animals, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      Sounds deadly to all animals, too.
                      Unfortunately, the sardonicism mode was disabled in my post, so the referential humor was cloaked. I don't actually condone the the use of either. Monkey Chow is completely harmless and GM is completely indiscriminate. Liquid nitrogen is definitely the way to go. Barring that, I would use 25kg of thermite.

cricman

Sent from my Vivo XL2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
                        Unfortunately, the sardonicism mode was disabled in my post, so the referential humor was cloaked. I don't actually condone the the use of either. Monkey Chow is completely harmless and GM is completely indiscriminate. Liquid nitrogen is definitely the way to go. Barring that, I would use 25kg of thermite.

cricman

Sent from my Vivo XL2 using Tapatalk
                        LOL. Sorry! I didn't mean to ruin your sarcasm. I've seen so much lately on other sites that was not sarcasm that my mind is fried. I gotcha'.

Comment

Originally posted by Brotherbill View Post
                          Wish you where closer I’d come and get them
                          Where you be? I have some you can have. I am just south of Houston.

Comment

I was afraid to open this thread thinking it may be something that showed up on the underwear thread

Comment

Gasoline always seems to kill plants very well.

Comment

Working...
                              X