Fly swatter upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly swatter upgrade

Doing battle with a giant cicada killier wasp and the flimsy wire handle kept bending, ruining my swing...
    No more.
    Pounded the wire flat and jammed it into an old arrow shaft.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ED2F1347-6960-4080-A8B8-56FC9BF11454.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	25149448

Name:	646E022D-927A-4682-BCE1-54E3190EF02E.jpg
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	25149449

Insect hunting as sport has entered the 21st Century with Bug-A-Salt. Our insect eradication devices fire ordinary table salt to kill pesky flies. We ship to all 50 states. Fast Shipping. Fire your flyswatter!

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
      Seen those. I have also just dumped a little salt in the end of my pellet gun.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
        Have you actually killed a wasp with the bug-a-salt? From what Ive seen it just makes them mad, and cicada killers are even bigger than normal red wasps.

Comment

A solid blow with the Bug A Salt will really just stun them, you gotta be quick with the follow up stomp of the foot

Seems like I remember them coming out with a more powerful version, like the Lawn & Garden or something.

Comment

I got a bug-a-salt and shot the wife in the back of the arm and it drew blood. It was funny but I felt bad.

Comment

I’m guessing the bug assault would be ineffective on these big guys.

Name:	B4F45ADD-3030-4639-8032-D2FCB1AF7798.jpg
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	24543575

Comment

Rock salt in the Bug A Salt works wonders...

Comment

Is that the same thing some people call a sand hornet? I've seen a few of those hovering around that looked like they were 2 inches long when they were flying. They usually have a hole in the ground somewhere. Never see but one at a time, don't know if the sting or not, but they look like they could do business....

Comment

Never heard them called that but yes they come out of holes in the ground. I usually have one or two in the same area every year but this year is a bumper crop. Killed 4 so far.

Comment

Sweet mod on the swatter, def have some pope/young wasps flying around your place...

Comment

Nice! I put a little piece of window screen in an old break barrel pellet gun and have literally exploded wasps with salt from 7-10’

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                          Sweet mod on the swatter, def have some pope/young wasps flying around your place...
                          Thanks, I went for the EFOC setup. It may be a little over spined.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                            Nice! I put a little piece of window screen in an old break barrel pellet gun and have literally exploded wasps with salt from 7-10’

greatness!! Im gonna have to try that. Also reminds me of this...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                            I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
                            Last edited by Quackerbox; 06-27-2018, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Man, I wish I had a few of those patrolling my backyard this summer. I have a bumper crop of cicadas this year and haven't seen a single cicada killer yet. Normally I have several that keep the herd thinned out. I love to watch them work.

cricman

Comment

Working...
                              X