Celebrities and political views

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrities and political views

There appears to be a number of people on here who really don't care what a celebrity thinks about politics. This includes sports stars, singers, actors, etc. Others are quick to boycott. The recent Dolly Parton thread is an example.

My position is that celebrities are just people with their own views. Yes, they have a spotlight, but their views are no more informed than the average American. As such, I really just don't care what their views are. I don't boycott based on their political beliefs.

So, just wondering how you guys feel? If you find out a celebrity is a liberal (or conservative), do you immediately stop supporting their product (movies, CDs, etc.)?

Yes if they are constantly pushing their agenda.

Comment

I don't care about their views.

Comment

A Dolly Thread...were there pics?? I missed that one.

I normally don't pay much mind on their preferences per say, but when guys like Matt Damon & Liam make a crap load of coin from being masters of firearms in their films & then preach registration, confiscation & how screwed up the our 2nd amendment is, (while in foreign countries nonetheless) then yeah I'm done spending any of my money to support any of their flicks. Selfish Hypocrites...

Comment

I get especially annoyed with "liberal" celebrities that are vocal for 3 reasons:

1. They do not agree with me!
          2. They are completely out of touch with reality and how reality works.
          3. Their views are generally the highest level of hypocrisy.

I don't boycott necessarily, but shake my head in disgust.

Comment

Years ago everyone was telling Barbara Striesend to shut up and sing at her concerts. Career ended a short time later.
            They should keep their mouth shut. Rory Mcalroy said somethin political a couple of weeks back. Now he has a million x fans yelling miss it - miss it at their TVs.....

Comment

It's the ones that spew fringe radical leftist crap that gets me going.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Does this include Donald Trump ??

Comment

I get annoyed when they sport an extreme left wing view. I know they're just people like us but they are idolized by young voters. I think they actually influence their fans to believe what they do. so for that reason I do hold some resent for some celebrities.

Comment

I don't really care what they believe because it is their right. You older fellas can relate to this. Henry Fonda was as liberal as it gets. His views were very similar to his daughter Jane's. He campaigned for the Democrats and his views were well known but he never crossed the line by name calling, acting stupid or betraying his country. I still love and watch his movies.
                    Jane Fonda on the other hand I believe went to far and as far as I'm concerned is a traitor to this country. I have boycotted anything she has been associated with for almost 50 years and don't plan to stop now.
                    I guess it just depends on how far they push their ideology and what mood I'm in.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                      Jane Fonda on the other hand I believe went to far and as far as I'm concerned is a traitor to this country. I have boycotted anything she has been associated with for almost 50 years and don't plan to stop now.

JC
                      Yep and you can add John Kerry to this list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

Like the Dixie Chicks??

They should have known their audience a little better. Their demise was well-deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                          Yes if they are constantly pushing their agenda.
                          This!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

Like Matt Damon??

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter View Post
                              Like the Dixie Chicks??

They should have known their audience a little better. Their demise was well-deserved.
                              I was finishing HS when they came out, thought they were hot and threw it all away wanting to fit in with the East Coast and Europeans. Ashamed of their roots, idiots.

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              Like Matt Damon??
                              Yup, he knew he would be pissing off the heartland of America with that one, did it on purpose.

Comment

Working...
                              X