Trump settles lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump settles lawsuit

How many times in the debates have you heard Trump say he doesn't settle lawsuits? One, twice, a bunch?

Apparently that's another tall tale

Donald Trump has settled a lawsuit with more than 100 would-be condo buyers who lost millions of dollars when a Trump-branded luxury condominium project in Baja California failed.

Technically he said he doesent settle suits he can win. Apparently he was going to lose that one

Comment

Did you read the last two paragraphs? Seems they only used his brand. He was not the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Did you read the last two paragraphs? Seems they only used his brand. He was not the developer.
        Yes, but they sold it as a Trump development to investors.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Technically he said he doesent settle suits he can win. Apparently he was going to lose that one
          Technically, he said he doesn't get sued much, because he doesn't settle lawsuits.

Comment

LOL...........split them hairs!!!

Comment

Y'all remember Trump saying "I don't get sued much"? His definition of much and mine are way way far apart, 169 lawsuits to be exact. In all fairness, some of these suits are BS but still 169, really.

For the record, I've owned a business for 24 years and have been involved in thousands of transaction and have been in a grand total of zero law suits. I've been blessed to be on this Earth for a grand Total of 50 years and in those 50 years have been involved in zero lawsuits.

Ask yourself, How many lawsuits have you been involved in compared to "The Donald"?

Interesting

Donald Trump has been named in at least 169 federal lawsuits, according to a LawNewz.com investigation. They read like a history of Trump's business failures, successes, and bombastic personality.

Comment

He also settled the Univision lawsuit but details of the settlement are sealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  Meh. Just pointing out yet another lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Meh. Just pointing out yet another lie.
                    totally agree actually! Or maybe a big ole fib...........

Comment

totally agree actually! Or maybe a big ole fib...........
                      Fib.....lie......whatever, it's going to be great....trust me!

Comment

When you split one....Is it still orange in the center??????

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Y'all remember Trump saying "I don't get sued much"? His definition of much and mine are way way far apart, 169 lawsuits to be exact. In all fairness, some of these suits are BS but still 169, really.

For the record, I've owned a business for 24 years and have been involved in thousands of transaction and have been in a grand total of zero law suits. I've been blessed to be on this Earth for a grand Total of 50 years and in those 50 years have been involved in zero lawsuits.

Ask yourself, How many lawsuits have you been involved in compared to "The Donald"?

Interesting

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/we-i...eral-lawsuits/
                          Wow, either you are in a field that is not litigious or your pockets just aren't that deep.

Ruger got sued because a fellow shot himself with a single action revolver when he dropped it. Now he was carrying the gun with a live round under the hammer even though historically pretty much every single action owner knew that you simply don't do that.

McDonald's got sued because their coffee was hot.

A lawnmower company got sued because their lawnmower didn't start on the first pull.

All of these companies have something in common, DEEP POCKETS.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                            Wow, either you are in a field that is not litigious or your pockets just aren't that deep.

Ruger got sued because a fellow shot himself with a single action revolver when he dropped it. Now he was carrying the gun with a live round under the hammer even though historically pretty much every single action owner knew that you simply don't do that.

McDonald's got sued because their coffee was hot.

A lawnmower company got sued because their lawnmower didn't start on the first pull.

All of these companies have something in common, DEEP POCKETS.
                            I agree with this. Now, you have to admit that some of the lawsuits that Trump initiated are down right ridiculous. But the point of this thread is that Trump said he "never" settles lawsuits, which is untrue.

Comment

Lol. Yall plain on this crap till the convention?[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                              X