Illegal immigration and the conservative brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    10 K is too much? How much welfare and health benefits do you think each of them eats up annually?
    Illegals should not be entitled to welfare or free healthcare. No argument there.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      10 K is too much? How much welfare and health benefits do you think each of them eats up annually?
      I'm all for them not getting any type of welfare or assistance

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        My stance is anyone that is here illegally pays a fine and goes to the back of the line for citizenship.

Either it's illegal or it isn't, you can't have it both ways and maintain sovereignty.

Like the poster above, there are many other facets to be dealt with and quit using the lame *** excuse "they are only doing the jobs Americans don't want to do". Make it less enticing to remain on the government teat and I bet there will be plenty of Americans willing to do what it takes to eat.

Hunger is a heck of a motivator.
        Agree to a point, I hire people all day , everyday and sometimes it is impossible to find anyone, and I pay way more than most people in this industry. The new ones I do get usually don't last, its about a 50/50 chance that they even finish their first job.

Comment

I for the most part agree, but I'm 100% against a wall. Walls don't work, history tells us that. Walls also screw up wildlife corridors. That's one of the big things I don't like about Trump.

We mainly need to get to the root of the problem. Legalizing pot federally is a good start. Working with Mexico to beef up their side of security, and if they give us crap about it then start imposing sanctions and stuff. They are getting way too much of a free ride.

Comment

I guess if you live in town your prospective is different than living in a rural area.

I don't see Mexkins drawing welfare and trying to milk the system.
            I see hard working men who want no more than a chance to make a living and support their families.

Does anyone believe that If all the mexkins left tomorrow, that the Inner city Blacks would suddenly all move out here and go to work.

We work on giant equipment in coal mines. It is hot, nasty, miserable work. We are never not hiring and we have been short handed for the last 30 years.
            There are people in this country who have never had a job. Their daddy never had a job and their kids will never have a job..... They are not mexkins

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
              I guess if you live in town your prospective is different than living in a rural area.

I see hard working men who want no more than a chance to make a living and support their families.

Does anyone believe that If all the mexkins left tomorrow, that the Inner city Blacks would suddenly all move out here and go to work.

We work on giant equipment in coal mines. It is hot, nasty, miserable work. We are never not hiring and we have been short handed for the last 30 years.
              There are people in this country who have never had a job. Their daddy never had a job and their kids will never have a job..... They are not mexkins
              Agree X 10

Comment

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens. That amounts to a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of almost $116 Billion.
                Attached Files

Comment

We are a nation of laws.
                  Black and white, no in between.
                  Illegal immigration is a crime.
                  Period!

When squirrels invade your attic do you let them stay there?

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                    Good point but deporting illegals doesn't solve the problem of Americans on unemployment or under-employed. Most on unemployment had the bad luck of losing a job when the price of oil dropped or their job otherwise became unneeded. Most of those folks will find another job and unemployment keeps them from starving while they look. The chronically unemployed who are on welfare or living off family members either need new skills or need motivated. I know there are exceptions where an unemployed American would like to have the job now being done by an illegal but that is a very small portion of the 96 million.
                    I'll disagree some here.
                    Most of the 96 million were unemployed before the oil bust.
                    Legal and illegal immigration both contribute to the unemployment numbers in America. Example: when I was growing up ( i'm 46) i knew many people making a good living building homes, operating heavy equipment and other things they say Americans will not do these days. Well, drive by a construction project being built or a road project and you will likely only see 1 or 2 people you can easily recognize as an American. Thats not to say that most of them are illegal but It would be a good guess that most are not Americans. The American worker cant compete with and make a living at the lower wages resulting from legal and illegal labor

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I'll disagree some here.
                      Most of the 96 million were unemployed before the oil bust.
                      Legal and illegal immigration both contribute to the unemployment numbers in America. Example: when I was growing up ( i'm 46) i knew many people making a good living building homes, operating heavy equipment and other things they say Americans will not do these days. Well, drive by a construction project being built or a road project and you will likely only see 1 or 2 people you can easily recognize as an American. Thats not to say that most of them are illegal but It would be a good guess that most are not Americans. The American worker cant compete with and make a living at the lower wages resulting from legal and illegal labor
                      They did not just show up and start taking jobs away, I'm speaking from experience here because I spend a lot of my day trying to hire, the American labor is just not there brother.
                      We spent generation after generation insisting that everyone had to go to college or learn computers. NO emphasis put on the trades at all.
                      As a matter of fact there is a large portion of our society that looks down on anyone who is in the trades.
                      Also as consumers we also demand lower and cheaper labor to do everything from building our house to picking our produce.
                      Of all the threads on here of people who are currently building houses I doubt very few went with the highest bid they could, I know I didn't go with the highest.

No different than the drug problem, we don't have a drug supply problem we have a drug demand problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        My stance is anyone that is here illegally pays a fine and goes to the back of the line for citizenship.

Either it's illegal or it isn't, you can't have it both ways and maintain sovereignty.

Like the poster above, there are many other facets to be dealt with and quit using the lame *** excuse "they are only doing the jobs Americans don't want to do". Make it less enticing to remain on the government teat and I bet there will be plenty of Americans willing to do what it takes to eat.

Hunger is a heck of a motivator.
                        I'm on board here.

Comment

Originally posted by fox1 View Post
                          They did not just show up and start taking jobs away, I'm speaking from experience here because I spend a lot of my day trying to hire, the American labor is just not there brother.
                          We spent generation after generation insisting that everyone had to go to college or learn computers. NO emphasis put on the trades at all.
                          As a matter of fact there is a large portion of our society that looks down on anyone who is in the trades.
                          Also as consumers we also demand lower and cheaper labor to do everything from building our house to picking our produce.
                          Of all the threads on here of people who are currently building houses I doubt very few went with the highest bid they could, I know I didn't go with the highest.

No different than the drug problem, we don't have a drug supply problem we have a drug demand problem.
                          I can agree with that^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

This!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I believe this is the single best indicator of the health of our nation. Our desire as a people to protect ourselves against the passive encroachment of foreign invaders.
                              America will never fall to a forceful foreign invader, but she will collapse under the weight of her leaky perimeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                                I believe this is the single best indicator of the health of our nation. Our desire as a people to protect ourselves against the passive encroachment of foreign invaders.
                                America will never fall to a forceful foreign invader, but she will collapse under the weight of her leaky perimeter.
                                Well put

Comment

Working...
                                X