Clear All

LSBA Buffalo Field Archery Shoot~06/26/11

Sunday, 06/26/2011
    09:00 a.m. - 1:00p.m.

Buffalo Field Archery Shoot
    Cullen Park Archery Range
    Clay Road
    Houston, TX

BFAC is located in west Houston on the south side of Clay Road about 1 mile west of the Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8). If you are traveling west from the Beltway, the range is before you get to Eldridge road. On the south side of Clay road at approximately the third u-turn/turn-around area across the median, you will see a small green sign that says "Cullen Park Archery Range." The sign is next to a gravel road that is blocked by a metal gate. The gravel road leads to the range.

The metal gate is open during tournaments and work parties, otherwise the gate code is distributed to members only. The range is about 30 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport and about 45 minutes from Hobby Airport.
    MAP

Nearby Hotels

Hope to see everyone at the shoot!

This is no good!!
    I WAS THERE BOTH DAYS LAST WEEK NO ONE SAID NOTHING ABUT LSBA SHOOT.2 HOUSTON CLUB'S THE SAME WEEKEND.This is keeling both of us Buffalo and Saltgrass

Comment

This has been scheduled on the the LSBA and the Buffalo Web sites for a long time.

The course is in great shape!

The mosquito's have not been bad.

We have snakes.... If it rains this week they could be more active?

Stan

Comment

Great talking to you today, Stan! Glad to hear the course is in good shape. We are looking forward to shooting at Buffalo Field Archery! I certainly appreciate all the info available on your website concerning maps and nearby hotels. It made it easy to get out to our members.

Sorry, George. It has been scheduled for quite awhile and on both websites as Stan said. Hope y'all have a good turnout too.

Comment

I can't make this one as I will be leaving for S.Africa on 6/25. Y'all have fun.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            I can't make this one as I will be leaving for S.Africa on 6/25. Y'all have fun.

Bisch
            Rub it in, Bisch!! We will miss you. Good luck on your trip to South Africa! Can't wait to see the pics and here the stories!

Comment

Originally posted by hot4huntin View Post
              great talking to you today, stan! Glad to hear the course is in good shape. We are looking forward to shooting at buffalo field archery! I certainly appreciate all the info available on your website concerning maps and nearby hotels. It made it easy to get out to our members.

Sorry, george. It has been scheduled for quite awhile and on both websites as stan said. Hope y'all have a good turnout too.
              well last year when lsba had a state shoot at banana bend we at salt grass canceled our shoot to help lsba, so no one brings up about we shoot the 4th weekend?

It costs salt grass $400 to $500 a shoot to set up, because we don't have members willing to work. You big organizations need to help the clubs to survive.

This is the 2nd year for lsba to think only about lsba thanks anyway dena.

Comment

Originally posted by The Greek View Post
                well last year when lsba had a state shoot at banana bend we at salt grass canceled our shoot to help lsba, so no one brings up about we shoot the 4th weekend?

It costs salt grass $400 to $500 a shoot to set up, because we don't have members willing to work. You big organizations need to help the clubs to survive.

This is the 2nd year for lsba to think only about lsba thanks anyway dena.
                Sorry to hear you feel this way, it is difficult to not have archery shoots that do not coincide with one another. As archers, we must remember when things like this happen it is not done with malicious intent.

Dena did not set the LSBA 3D schedule. The schedule was set by the previous 3D director, which was coordination with the hosting clubs. Again, dates are limited and the LSBA tries its best to not step on anyones toes;however, we must select from the available dates provide by hosting club.

We appreciate your support and the support of all the archery clubs, bowhunters, and archers. Without the support of its members, archery clubs, sponsors and members of this forum LSBA would not be able to carry forward its mission statement, which is preserving and promoting bowhunting in Texas for the present and future generations.

Yes, setting up an 3D tournament is very hard work so KUDOS to all of those who volunteer at their local archery club simply to provide us archers/bowhunters an opportunity to sharpen our skills and to provide an atmosphere of comaraderie!

Kudos also to Dena Kana and to those LSBA EC members past, present and future who have given up or will be giving up their time away from their family, spouse, or significant other simply to represent and work hard for the archery community and the passion of the sport! I have seen Dena and Bobby run in circles trying to catch their tails....for the good of the orgainzation.

Thanks for sharing your feelings George and thanks for the large print....my eyes are no longer what they use to be bifocals are now in order....

Jeaux

Comment

Whats the latest time we can shoot? 1 O'clock? Also is this a qualifier or just a lsba sponsored shoot? What are the requirements to be able to shoot at the state tournament? Sorry had to ask cause am planning on going if I qualify!!! Will try to be there on sun. but am going to shoot w old George for sure! Might be able to make both if possible!

Comment

Think we are gonna try to make it over!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyDiamondShooter View Post
                      Whats the latest time we can shoot? 1 O'clock? Also is this a qualifier or just a lsba sponsored shoot? What are the requirements to be able to shoot at the state tournament? Sorry had to ask cause am planning on going if I qualify!!! Will try to be there on sun. but am going to shoot w old George for sure! Might be able to make both if possible!
                      It is a shotgun start at 9:00 a.m. and you have four hours from start time to finish shooting. It is a LSBA Regional Shoot, so you just have to show up and shoot. For the State Championship, you must be a LSBA member to qualify for the State Champ. Hope to see you out there and good luck! The State Champ will be awarded a way cool belt buckle!

Originally posted by Krisc92 View Post
                      Think we are gonna try to make it over!
                      Good deal! Hope to see you out there!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyDiamondShooter View Post
                        Thank's Manuel THE JUNE 26th HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO THE CONFLICTING LSBA SHOOT AT BFAC. THE NEXT SHOOT WILL BE ON JULY 24TH.

Comment

Sorry you felt a need to cancel your shoot, George.

I am looking forward to finally having a break and shooting on Sunday! See everyone out at Buffalo Field Archery.

Snake boots and mosquito repellent are recommended!

Comment

"SaltGrass shooters"

SaltGrass shooters Support LSBA AND BUFFALO THIS WEEKEND I PROMISE NEXT YEAR IS NOT GOING TO BE LIKE THIS ONE I REALY FIELD REALLY BUD FOR SALTGRASS CANCELLATION BUT I HAVE TO DO WHAT IS BEST FOR BOTH CLUB'S Thanks i see you next month!!

Comment

Thanks, George!

Any other Trad shooters coming out?

Comment

Working...
                              X