Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National CC Reciprocity passes House

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...p-house-floor/

National reciprocity for concealed carry passed the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday is expected to receive a floor vote before the end of the year.
    The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 was introduced by Rep. Richard Hudson (R-NC) on January 3, 2017. It changes federal law that so concealed carry permits are treated like driver’s licenses, making a permit from one state valid in the other 49. This would fix the complicated and often confusing patchwork of concealed carry laws currently in effect throughout the country.

Awesome

Comment

Yawn. I wouldn't pay much attention to House activity on this bill. No doubt it would pass given the strong Republican majority. The real question is whether it will see the light of day in the Senate.

Comment

Although I think this would be a good thing, what about states rights. It seems we want states rights for some things, but not others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Although I think this would be a good thing, what about states rights. It seems we want states rights for some things, but not others.

Partially true but State's rights cannot legally trample the Constitution.

Comment

States rights do not supersede the BOR. All of these ridiculous bans and laws in ridiculous states can realistically be trumped by the 2nd Amendment. Depending on who's doing the "interpreting"

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              States rights do not supersede the BOR. All of these ridiculous bans and laws in ridiculous states can realistically be trumped by the 2nd Amendment. Depending on who's doing the "interpreting"
              This is true. But if we are going down that road, then there shouldn't be CC anyway. Why pay a fee to exercise your BOR?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Yep.

This is true. But if we are going down that road, then there shouldn't be CC anyway. Why pay a fee to exercise your BOR?
                This is a step down that road. Let's keep stepping. We can gain our rights back one step at a time, similar to the way some other things are changed in directions we don't like, one step at a time. Keep the end in mind and take what we can when we can.

Comment

Oh I agree 100%. I look at national reciprocity as more of a DE-legislation than legislation.

Comment

I like it. Though I'm ignorant to the details. So what would be the national law? TX has different carry laws than OK, just as most other states differentiate from TX. Some require a class and some don't such as Washington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

National CC Reciprocity passes House

I agree. What about the states that are currently open carry or constitutional carry? Would fed law trump state law and make everyone carry concealed? This would be a step backwards in those states. Also for the states that are currently constitutional carry, would those folks now have to purchase a license?

Fed intrusion is rarely never a good thing on matters like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        I agree. What about the states that are currently open carry or constitutional carry? Would fed law trump state law and make everyone carry concealed? This would be a step backwards in those states. Also for the states that are currently constitutional carry, would those folks now have to purchase a license?

Fed intrusion is rarely never a good thing on matters like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Good point! I certainly agree on the Fed intrusion.

Comment

Hopefully this is going in the direction of nationwide constitutional carry.

Comment

Working...
                          X