Subleasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subleasing

This is kinda a rant but I'm a little frustrated. I came across a decent lease on a FB page a few days ago. I comment and heard back that all 5 spots had been leased by a person that has his own lease advertising page. Which is fine no harm no foul. The next day said person advertised 5 spots with the exact some specifications for 400 more a gun. I thought something fishy was going on so I messaged him to get more details. What I gather is that he thinks he's going to profit 2k off a lease he's not even on and hasn't asked the landowner for permission to do so. It's hard enough to find a decent lease but it's that much harder when people that are suppose to be a asset try to sublease them as soon as there advertised so that they can profit. Rant over and forgive me for any grammer/puncuation mistakes it's deffinatly not my strong point.

Show the second add to the landowner and put him in the loop. You can bet the farm there's now 7 hunters on the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter60 View Post
      This is kinda a rant but I'm a little frustrated. I came across a decent lease on a FB page a few days ago. I comment and heard back that all 5 spots had been leased by a person that has his own lease advertising page. Which is fine no harm no foul. The next day said person advertised 5 spots with the exact some specifications for 400 more a gun. I thought something fishy was going on so I messaged him to get more details. What I gather is that he thinks he's going to profit 2k off a lease he's not even on and hasn't asked the landowner for permission to do so. It's hard enough to find a decent lease but it's that much harder when people that are suppose to be a asset try to sublease them as soon as there advertised so that they can profit. Rant over and forgive me for any grammer/puncuation mistakes it's deffinatly not my strong point.

Your grammar is fine. Point conveyed. I can understand a bit of the frustration; however, how are you certain the new broker/lessor didn't secure the right from the landowner to sub-lease?

Comment

You have a valid point. Maybe you need to tell the landowner what he is doing. If a person gets a lease and spends time and money doing so and leases the existing spots for a little more than he is paying I think that is ok if he is hunting there with them.

Comment

Because he stated in his message "I haven't talked to landowner" so the little info he gave me was all he had.

Comment

If I could find the landowners contact info I would do just that but neither parties will give it up and the original craigslist posting has been removed

Comment

I cannot stand sub-leasing! One of the many reasons it is hard for people to find leases. One of the questions that I get asked all the time when people e-mail or call me about our lease- Are you sub-leasing? It's clear to see that there is a lot of sub leasing going on out there.

Comment

That sux! It'll bite him in the rear one day soon.

Comment

Hopefully sooner than later.

Comment

Did you actually look at the lease? Because if you did you could go to the county tax records and look it up on the map and then you could find out who owns it.

Comment

I do know land owners who would rather only deal with one person. They lease the entire place to one person then leave it to them to fill the rest of the spots.

Comment

It takes money to make money!

I still don't think it's right, especially if the landowner is not aware.

Comment

There are tons of places sub leased. Most the time is a lot easier for land owners to do it that way. If you owned property would you rather have one guy to deal with or 10? And would you care if the one guy you were dealing with made money for the trouble he had dealing with the other people?

Comment

I hate it as well but that seems to be the path leasing is going down. The landowners don't want to mess with it and would rather someone else manage the hunters.

Comment

I see it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X